September 14, 2011

Rolling In The Deep

Happier week
Wow between last week and this week is like night and day.  You could definitely tell he is happy to be over that teething, and loves sucking on his new teeth.  He also still loves to grab your hand, jam it in his mouth, and bite as hard as he can.  It used to be cute with just the gummies...but those little teeth are sharp.
Finally got a picture
I've also get to witness the rolling over a lot more.  He does it like all the time now.  Getting closer to rolling from front to back.  And I have a feeling once he figures that out he'll be a little rolling machine everywhere.  Dex has also shown a lot of almost crawling.  He just has to coordinate getting the hands and butt up at the same time.


On Saturday we were excited to go down to Provo.  We stopped off at Melynn's place and she loved holding and playing with D-Man.  After picking up some pizza (to Kyle this was exciting) we went to Trevor and Danielle's place to chill.  So why excited about the pizza?  Well since I can't eat wheat (which is in pizza dough) we don't eat pizza nearly as much.  So with someone else to help him finish it off, I decided Kyle could have it and share with his brother.  Oh he was in heaven.  The boys played some video games.  Danielle and I talked.  Little Dex just liked playing by himself on the lovesac or being held by his aunt or uncle.


Uncle Trevor let him have the comfiest place

Chilling with Aunt Danielle
The main reason for the trip though was a mission companions of Kyle's was having a reception in Mapleton...it's near Provo.  Since we didn't know anyone we didn't stay long.  And Kyle spilling and tripping everywhere helped him hurry out faster.
No it's not the old guy, or the tall guy behind the old guy.  It's the guy furthest back in the gray suit.

What's Dad doing?

It's cool, cause this is fun!

This week Dexter also had his first playdate.  There's a sister in the ward who's son is only 6 weeks younger than Dexter.  Her husband also goes to school and works, so we went over there for a while.  The two little ones can't really play with each other.  Dak was showing off his rolling and pushups and everything else.  6 weeks makes a large difference right now but soon they'll be able to have fun together.
It ended when Dak started his nap, but had fun chilling with his friend Parker
Since Dexter can roll and scooch everytime we get him from the crib he's in a funky position.  He'll be leaning against the slats, he'll be completely sideways, and always rolled over too.
Turned around from the way I put him in for his nap
We finally got some furniture for our living room.  It makes it a lot nicer looking and get those cords and other things off the floor before the little guy can get to them.
I love his eyes

So this is kind of nerdy to get excited over but my fabric came in this week.  It looks so awesome in person.  3 of the pieces came on rolls, while the rest were cut and folded in the box, and I had no idea why.  When I measured them they gave me the extra from the roll.  I got between 3 and 10 inches of extra fabric.  I thought it was pretty sweet saying I also got them 60% off.  Now...it will be a while until I get time to make all that I want.  But I'm excited.

Oh the clip below is mainly for grandparents cause they like to hear his cute sounds.  This is what happens when he's tired and we put him in the swing.  We compare it to a battery dying but still trying to chug through....if you can understand that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a difference a few weeks makes. He is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow