May 2, 2012

Breaktime

Well Friday was a long day, especially cause Kyle was gone until 10:30.  It was also because lately Dex has been whiney, and this day had been the worst thus far.  At first we thought it would end when his 8th tooth would pop through.  But that came on Wednesday, but the whining has continued.  It's not constant...just when sometimes when he doesn't get his way, or for no particular reason.
Playing Nintendo with Dad.
The weekend though Kyle spent it with us!  Entirely.  No homework.  He was pretty burnt-out from staying up to at least midnight the whole week working on stuff.
Crazy bath hair kid.  Look how long it is.
Kyle helped watch Dexter.  We ate out at a local burger place.  Really good, with homemade buns.  We were stuffed.  And pretty much just lazed around.
Loves playing outside and banging on screen door.
Monday and Tuesday Kyle went back to his schoolwork.  He just had one last project, but at least no final exams.  Tuesday night though it got finished.  So starting today (Wednesday) I have him until he goes back to work on Monday.  That's 5 whole days!
Playing outside as a family.
Today we started it off with haircuts!  Dexter's locks are gone.  Sniff.  It was hard to pull myself to do it.  But he definitely looks like a boy now, so there should be no ambiguity to other people.  Kyle just got a trim.
We have fun things planned for these next few days.  Zoo and Ikea.  And...I get a mini-shopping spree.
Super excited to go outside in just his diaper

He did not like the haircut process.  Do you see the tears and boogers?  (Also...Kyle's in his swimsuit)

I'm pretty excited for that.  Remember all those shirts I thought I'd refashion.  Yep never got around to them, and won't anytime soon.  All of my clothing purchases in the past have been from my fun fund.  So Kyle has granted me to spend a little bit on myself.  Yay!  Just trying to figure out what I need to get since the list of things needing updating is extensive.  Pants, shorts, shirts, blouses, undershirts, and misc.  Hopefully I can say goodbye to my dingy, ill-fitting, old (freshman in college) clothes soon.  I'm looking on Pinterest and online for ideas.  There are so many cute clothes out there.  I still want that personal shopper one day.
He loves laying on pillows and blankets, and then says "Ahhhhh"

Well Dexter was making great progress on his walking.  While waiting for our burgers at the Burger Bar.  He even was venturing away from things and walking.  It was awesome!  Then he took a spill, and roughed up his chin.  Since then anytime we let his hands go or he stops holding onto a chair, down his bottom goes.  He will not walk now.

And even without walking he's always getting bumps and bruises.  Today he took a little face dive while crawling on our patio, and scraped his chin.  He was crying a lot, but Dad gave him a popsicle.  And with Mom snuggling him, he felt better.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo!! I hope your 5 days was amazing together! It's the BEST feeling having a break from school and work....no worries!! :)
    Your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow