The summer is passing by quickly, sometimes I feel too quickly. There are still 2 big fun things coming up to look forward to, but below is how we've been doing stuff in between all our big trips and plans.
 |
| Boxes make great places to play |
 |
| He got new books from Nub Nub, and I get to read them everyday |
We visit the Treehouse every now and then. Summer makes it busier with older kids, but he has fun. Recently Ellie is now interested in what's going on, so she hops out and plays too.
 |
| Puppet show for me with a dragon |
 |
| The garden area |
 |
| The Ogden Temple is almost done!! |
 |
| I repainted these two dressers |
 |
| First time self feeding...only got like 2 bites actually in that mouth |
 |
| Tucked in my new maxi skirt.... |
 |
| Didn't quite like that look... |
 |
| Ellie watching Dexter do a puppet show at the Treehouse |
 |
| Walking on the USA map |
 |
| Some times he rediscovers an old toy and just plays quietly for some time |
 |
| Wearing brother's shirt |
 |
| Some wide eyed baby blues |
 |
| When he's napping too long we release the "secret weapon" |
 |
| It works efficiently |
 |
Heaven in a cup...AKA Moose Track Shake It's a good thing this is only available for 2 months each year |
 |
| First tomato from the garden! |
Our Relief Society a while back had held a service auction with the Young Women. I scooped up 2 free babysittings. HOORAY! We used one this past Tuesday, and did an early birthday date/haven't really gone out in forever type of date.
We tried a suggested Mexican restaurant and it is now our favorite! The food was up to our standards, and then they also had a chips/salsa bar! We'll definitely be going back.
Since its summer I wanted to do an activity outdoors. We tried out Boondocks. It was fun. Got soaked playing Bumper Boats (kids target Adults like crazy), rode go-karts, played laser tag, and did a round of miniature golf. It was fun being like little kids and we'll go again. Possibly bringing Dex since he'd be able to play or be a passenger on a bunch of the rides.
 |
| Putting on one leg because of the Mischief Wheel |
 |
| My awesome putt |
We had tried to go to Kyle's work picnic, but had some complications. My base pass was expired but he called to get me a visitor's pass. So when I went to get it, I couldn't because of a little oversight. Dexter had been super excited to go play at a park, so instead as we drove home we stopped by the one we used to frequent by our old house.
 |
| Ellie had fun on this one |
 |
| Love the pigtails |
This large freezer box had been staring at me in the basement for 2 months so I finally turned it into a fun playhouse.
 |
| Windows and doors |
 |
| So big we all fit in with lots of room |
One of the big fun things coming up is I get to go to Girl's camp! To watch the kid's while I'm gone Nub Nub and Audrey are coming up. To say Dexter is excited would be taking it lightly. We have a countdown calendar, and Dex reminds me each day about it. I am a little anxious about it, but I just plan on having fun and being with the awesome girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment