Remember that swing from Ellie's birthday? Well we got it hung up, and the kids love to swing in it when playing downstairs. The cold snowfilled winter doesn't look as bleak with being able to play downstairs.
+ |
| Loves playing on it |
 |
| Part of kid corner |
 |
| Ellie's turn |
The weather is starting to transition to fall. Days not as hot, and beautiful (albeit mosquito filled) evenings. So on one of the warmest days we set up a pool and invited a friend over.
 |
| Dexter and Ryder |
 |
| Ellie enjoyed it for a little bit |
 |
| They were some silly boys |
The kids had tons of fun, and I had hoped to just sit and relax. However, within 5 minutes of being outside I had stepped on a bee/wasp and rolled my ankle when walking to feed the chickens. I sat down and just tried not to focus on the large sting on one foot and the throbbing ankle on the other. Eventually it settled down and I enjoyed the sunshine.
 |
| Wasp sting and the foot starting to swell up |
If you noticed that it took a while to finally post that was because my camera has been out of commission. Due to curious kids the lens had a few issues with it and was sent in. They repaired it for me, and now all is good.
 |
| Trying out the fixed lens |
 |
| All good |
Also our phone died losing those photos, and took us 2.5 weeks until a new phone arrived. Now I get better photos than even our previous phone.
Our garden is doing great. The weeds took over a large section that wasn't wood chipped covered or garden boxed and I just let it. So my carrots, lettuce, and other things were lost causes a long time ago. However, the tomatoes give me so much to deal with I'm okay not worrying about the other things.
So I've been practicing with what to do when you have HUGE bucketfuls of tomatoes, small bowl fulls of serranos and green chiles.
 |
| About to roast the chiles....they didn't turn out as awesome as hoped. But again...just practicing! |
 |
| The red bucket was overflowing with tomatoes. This is the setup to peel that whole container. |
 |
| Kyle helping me out tons by cleaning up. |
I did a bunch of roasted tomatoes and then used some of them to make some tomato soup. My first batch had turned out well, but the second time I did it something was off.
 |
| Roasted tomatoes, grilled cheese sandwich and some tomato soup. |
And now for all the in between having fun times.
 |
| Chilling on the large couch |
 |
| Is she just staring at the baskets? |
 |
| Nope, someone was hiding under them |
 |
| She wanted to play some peekabo too! |
 |
| Loves reading (and destroying) books |
 |
| Attacking the camera |
 |
| My little munchkin |
I'm so impressed with your garden! I dream of having buckets of tomatoes to deal with some day! And I had no idea you guys had gotten chickens-- I want to hear all about your chickens when you have time!!!
ReplyDeleteWe don't have chickens, but definitely think of them as somewhat ours. Our neighbor has 12 or so hens. I hated seeing my food scraps going to waste and we don't have a composter. So I asked the neighbor if I could chuck this over the fence to feed them, and the hens love it. Then when they're out of town we collect the eggs. It's fun to help out with them.
Delete