April 2, 2016

Kitchen Update!

My kitchen got a little update.  There were some things that were starting to break and such, so it was better to fix it now.  It's not completely finished, but enough so for now.  Now that spring is here, some of my time is focused on the garden.

The first step I did was to fix the wood edging on my countertops. I never liked the style, but on top of it the wood grain gets grimy and is hard to clean out.  New counters were definitely out of the question.
Before
 So with just some paint, I quickly changed the way they looked.

After
The next step, isn't really complete.  But it's enough of a change for me to post it.
The once awkward cabinet...

Now it's gone!!
Then we did a painting of it.  Although the kitchen was white, and I just painted it white.  The brighter white is a nice change, and I got to fill in some large missed spots from the the previous owner's paint job.
Kitchens stink to paint

A nice crisp white
After all these steps, was now the one I was slightly the most afraid of.  Sure I've done some painting here, and some fix up there, but this next step was it's own.  I researched.  Read the manuals. Watched Youtubes on different steps.
In the morning....

...by evening
It was definitely hard, and I was tired by the end of the day.  Lots of sawing to remove the countertop.  The sink was dang heavy, and we had to lift and test out the size a few times.  Also, I did most the work, and Kyle was the extra helping hand. Getting my hands in and doing this is what I love to do.

I'm also trying to work on organizing things better.
Much better up there...
There's still a few final finishing touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow