August 4, 2010

Crafty Woman

So not much passed this weekend.  We terrorized the house by rearranging two rooms, and laundry commandeering another one.  It's my goal to get it all situated by Friday, since we have a couple from the ward coming over.Anyways, since nothing of importance really needs to be discussed from the weekend I thought I'd share about some of the crafts I've completed or want to complete.
It's strange.  I didn't sew, even though I knew how and had my own sewing machine, when I lived in Vegas.  Now though that I'm stuck home all day, and don't have much money to spend....I turned into this craft fiend.  I actually haven't accomplished a lot, but my mind has thought of way too many projects for me to do.
So the first thing that I started...and eventually accomplished.

Cake Decorating Class
At the local Hobby Lobby (cross between Joanne's and Michael's) I took a Wilton Cake Decorating Class.


Week 1 - Basics and decorated cookies.  
I didn't have much time and only did two. It wasn't necessary for me to take a picture.  Imagine a sugar cookie with a heart on it.  That's all I did.


Week 2 - Decorated a cake
My first cake!  We got lots of time so I had fun with this one
.  It's a fish (in case you couldn't tell)...so I couldn't resist making a fish face.  Not the best shot of me I know.


Week 3- Cupcake decoration and fillin'
We learned how to use a cupcake turner and how to inject delicious flavors into them.  Here are my creations....
All of them...now for details
The Shaggy Mum
Conglomeration of flowers
The Pom Pom Flower
Drop Flowers
Week 4 - Final Cake
We were able to design any cake and make it however we watned.  This day actually happened to also be on my birthday so I just made myself a birthday cake.  It was golden vanilla cake with rasberry jam filling.  It was pretty good.
Me with my cute cake
Okay, so yeah I am now a pro of making some flowers and basic cakes.  I plan on taking the rest of the courses.

I have also had a want to change up my living room.  We have a great denim couch...but it's all denim.  The ottoman, pillows and couch.  So in my goal I bought fabric to make pillow cases.  I also wanted to spruce up our curtains.
The pillows are still just pieces of fabric, but I did manage to trim the curtains.

Curtains:
They were originally just plain brown.  Here's the details:

 
Layers of ribbon at the bottom

 
Strip across the top

So yeah, thats the stuff that I've completed so far.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to start and finish my other crafts.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you know how to sew and we have had a sewing club at Kasey's house for almost a year! Shame! When you visit, you'll have to swing our way on Thursdays.

    So, how DO you inject flavor into a cupcake and what flavors do you do?

    Cute curtains, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a sewing club, but I never was told much more than that it existed.

    There is a special tip that injects it. It's long and skinny, and attaches to a normal frosting bag. You can fill it with whatever you want! I did lemon curd, but the possibilities are endless. Pudding, chocolate, whipped cream, jam, anything that can be squeezed can go in it. It also works for cream puffs, eclairs, and other random things. It's pretty cool.

    Writing this is making me hungry for it.

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow