I wasn't able to write on Wednesday or Thursday because we were travelling and now are in Vegas!!!! That however, will all be in next week's post. On to the past weekend....
So Kyle has met a lot of my family, but always part of this family of cousins or that one. Well this weekend he got about a third of them, plus a few other relatives. The cause of this get together was that one cousin just got home from his mission to Australia. He was giving his homecoming talk that Sunday. It also just happened to coincide that a cousin from Texas had flown up for the BYU dental conference. So we all got together Saturday night and ate pizza, and played games. It was so fun. I didn't take pictures, but I'm trying to get them from someone else.
This is how many people there were:
2 - grandparents
2 - Aunt & Uncle
1 - My Mom (She's finally seen our new home up here)
10 - cousins (not including us)
2 - cousins once removed
2 - Kyle & I
---------
19 total
We played Turbo Cranium. My team didn't win, but I did feel awesome when I had to mold Kyle to be a Rock Star and my team got it. Then the others went to play Killer Bunnies and I learned how to play Sorry card game. The last game was Dominion being played with my mom, Carleen, and Mariah.
The next morning we had stake conference at the High School auditorium. Their auditorium was bigger than any of them that I saw in a high school in Vegas. I was amazed, and was told that there were larger ones at other high schools. Sadly the A/C or any air in the auditorium was not on. Thankfully it wasn't Vegas, or the hottest part of the summer. We picked seats that were around a large industrial fan though. After we sat down we saw some friends in another part and went to chat with them, but we weren't willing to give up the semi cool air seats.
After this we hurried to my cousin's ward and listened to him talk. His Aussie accent was always going in and out throughout his whole talk and was funny to listen to. We got fed afterwards and that was the end of the weekend.
Sorry no photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment