Another thing was we had a date...kind of. Kyle had his mission reunion and since it was in North SL we decided to go. On the way we stopped off at Chipotle, then continued to see if anyone that Kyle knew would show up. Only one companion did, but we talked to a few other people. It wasn't super exciting or anything, but only driving 30 minutes was worth it. One down side to spring....because its such beautiful weather, and we only have heating we open our windows. However, our upstairs neighbors are always smoking so it comes in about every 20 minutes. One of my points for us to move.
Saturday was nice and relaxful just listening to conference. Since I already had a clean house, there was no need to worry about that stuff. In between sessions I convinced Kyle to go fly a kite. Well...kites. We hadn't the whole time we've been up here, and there was a nice breeze going on. We found a park with not many trees or electrical wires overhead. That's a bigger feat up here than in Vegas. Kyle got to try out his stunt kite, but unfortunately the wind wasn't steady enough for it. The dragon kite though rocked. It was another nice day and was just nice to get out of the house. I also took some pictures.
| Kyle with his stunt kite |
| Relaxing on the grass because I was tired chasing and picking up kites to fly. Look you can still see my feet. |
| Flying the awesome dragon one. |
| It actually went high, unlike the stunt one. Another time for that. |
| Jake & Kacey |
| Audrey & Mychal |
Well that concludes the nice and relaxing weekend. I was hoping this week would follow like it, but Monday decided to be just a frustrating day. First off early that morning I had another appointment. When about to be measured the doctor noticed that the bumps from the kid weren't in normal position. Another ultrasound concluded what she and I feared. This little kid likes to move too much. Although he's transverse again, he's in a slightly better positioning. She said she'll let me go until my water breaks, but if he doesn't turn before then...they cut me open. So that was frustration #1.
Frustration #2 is that I learned my doctor doesn't believe in letting babies go past their due date. So on April 19th whether the baby is ready or not, he'll be coming out. We're talking to our little one, telling him to move position and come out. Being induced is what I never had planned. I like my doctor though, and feel its a bit too late with only a little over a week to go to switch doctors. So its just frustrating when things can't go as you'd like them. However...in less than 2 weeks whether on his own or with modern medicine we'll have our sweet baby boy.
Those were the main frustrations, but I still had one more to deal with that day. Since Monday is my turn with the car, I run all the errands. Well when I went to go run an errand later in the day I noticed that my wallet was missing. Frantically I looked everywhere in the house and car. Came to the conclusion it had to be at Wal-Mart...my last stop. I drove down there and went to customer service. This story has a great ending...it was there! It was such a relief. I actually didn't care about my driver's license or credit cards. Those are easy to replace, a big pain but not horrible. My worry is that I wouldn't have been able to get on base to pick Kyle up since my dependent ID was in there. And that marked pregnancy forgetfulness incident #2.
So far the rest of the week is going good. I'm just chilling in yoga pants, working on some sewing projects, watching TV and doing those funny positions again to help him turn again. Last night for about 1.5 hours though I was in such pain. He had turned I felt that. With it though was him stretching out his space, and it's been measuring small since he's sideways. So this was like one 1 hour-plus long contraction with no breaks and the sharpest pain in the lungs so breathing to relax was painful too. I was proud of the baby for trying though because I could tell he didn't like it either, many kicks and such during it. I was happy to go through it for him. However after the hour and a half...he went back to sideways. Hopefully he'll try again and stick to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment