We have survived a whole week. And what a week it's been.
On Friday we got released from the hospital. I was definitely tired of being there. There were some perks of the hospital. I got a free pedicure. Order up whatever food. The electric bed was awesome to help me and my stitches. But...it was fun to bring Dexter to his home and be in our own place.
 |
| Kyle's "what do I do now" face |
 |
| Wide awake and ready to go home |
 |
| A more alert family picture |
On Friday is also when we got to start figuring things out all on our own. This also came with a "Dak Attack." Kyle's been such a great helper and he's also the one who's been changing the majority of diapers when he's home. Well on one such time when changing a diaper, I hear an exclamation and a scold. Turns out that Dak had made a golden arch and a mess when Kyle had looked away. It was so hard not to laugh, but I tried my best. So whenever this accident happens or is barely avoided we call it a Dak Attack. This also wasn't the last of them.
Saturday the first set of family stopped by. A small group of the Hansens. It was Audrey, Tyler and Mama Hansen. We have yet to figure out what she'll be called since Grandma Hansen is already taken.
 |
| Uncle Tyler enjoying the bundle |
 |
| Took a nap with him |
 |
| The proud Grandma |
The family just loved oohing and ahhing over little Dak. I must admit at times it was hard to share the holding with them. However, I knew their time was limited and I really will get all the time I want in the future to hold him. Kyle even admitted it was hard to give him up sometimes.
They even came on a walk with us. These walks are very slow, and very short. But it's great to get out of the house and try to start feeling like I'm recovering.
 |
| All of us on a walk...I'm the one taking the picture of course |
 |
| Sight of the random chickens that live on the farms near us |
Saturday night we also had some other family visitors. Kyle's Aunt Jana and her family were in Park City so they came and stopped by.
Sunday...Easter!!! The easter bunny came and dropped by a little gift for Dak. We as his parents appreciate it. Kyle went to church with his siblings and Mama H stayed home to take care of me. She also cooked us an Easter lunch. It was fun to celebrate with family. Sadly, though they had to go home.
 |
| 1st Easter |
Later that day my mom came. She's here for the next couple weeks to help me out. I can't drive or pick up anything heavier than Dexter, and I also get so tired and sore she has been a big help so far.
That is life thus far. It is tough and tiring. But he's so cute it is definitely worth it.
Oh, oh. I did take some newborn photos of him just yesterday (on his 1 week birthday) but I put them on my other blog. Check them out at:
http://whphotos.blogspot.com/2011/04/week-old-pictures.html
Did Tyler get taller than Kyle?
ReplyDelete"Dak Attack" ha! I don't miss those...
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome little angel you have! Congratulations!