It already snowed. Isn't that crazy. Well it actually wasn't a lot, and I really enjoyed the rain that was happening before and after the snow. But then it got cold and snowed for about 5 minutes. Thankfully it returned back to beautiful autumn weather. I'm not ready for winter, it stayed too long last time. And makes walks and warm sunshine not as possible.
 |
| It wasn't a lot, but it was snow. In October. |
 |
| I put on all the wintery stuff on him. A little overkill right now, but not in a few months. |
Friday started Kyle's Fall Break. We took this day to drive to Provo and see the one naturpath person there. Just a followup. Most things have helped since going. No panic attacks (although stress has been cut way down too), nursing has gotten a bit easier, and a little more energy. Their report said almost everything had improved drastically. Just have to keep what I'm doing. Since we had driven down though we dropped by Trevor and Danielle's. They played with Dexter. Before the boys started playing video games, Danielle and I left them and headed out shopping. First objective was to by craft supplies. But a HUGE line at Joanne's let us use our backup plan. Clothes shopping at a new store...secondhand one at that. I love those types. Cheap, but cute clothes. Danielle was with me, and my sister Melynn met us there. It was fun having them with their help and opinions. I even bought a bit of cute stuff. Our time had to end though. So we left and went to Mariah's house for the cousin game night.
 |
| Happy playing |
It was just us, but we played some newer games. Mariah had Life the card game. It was pretty fun and people had some interesting lives. Then Bosworth...which is a variation of chess. I was first out because I'm not too good at chess and Kyle picked on me first. After the games and snacks, we finally headed home.
 |
| Setting up for Bosworth...Kyle, Dak, and Mariah |
Saturday was filled with Kyle working hard on a programming assignment due that night. But he was nice enough to let me go to a cousin's sealing. Sara and her husband Danny were getting sealed in the Draper temple. I got to take a nice drive over the the temple. I kind of wish I wasn't the driver because I loved the scenery and houses. So SO beautiful. The temple is way beyond that beauty too. Going was so needed. Just walking in gave me so much peace and I enjoyed just being in the House of the Lord. The sealing was beautiful. It reminded me of how glad I am to be sealed for time and all eternity to Kyle, and also Dexter. Afterwards they hosted a dinner where I got to talk with cousins, grandparents, and other family members.
 |
| Sara and Danny after the sealing |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa LeBaron, with Aunt Linda and Uncle Phil (Sara's Parents) |
Sunday, church was amazing. Dexter was again a cute happy babe. That evening we invited a family over for dinner. We actually had invited them over like a year ago, but never got to it. We finally were good on our word. We enjoyed dinner and then some homemade ice cream. Dexter got to play with their little 1 year old.
 |
| Big smile...maybe Kyle walked in |
This week I've had a desire to make crafty items to decorate my house. Well decorate with holiday decorations. I made a wreath (with the items being interchangeable for different holidays), and Trick or Treat banner, and most of Dex's costume. His is the most important....and cutest.
 |
| The bat, jack-o-lanterns, and ghost are just on clips. The 13 is there because the wreath covers our house number. |
 |
| It was meant for the fireplace...but I accidentally made it a little too large. Good thing I have a long hallway to stick it in. |
 |
| Is that Perry the Platypus? |
 |
| Nope, just Dexter in the hat portion of his costume |
 |
| And here it is with it being the Agent P part. |
Here's some pictures with a bit about other random bits about our lives.
 |
| Standing, but not crawling yet |
Dak gets frustrated if he wants something and can't get it, or at his lack of mobility. He's been liking to stand a lot, with our help of course. The other day he wanted a toy that was on top of the ottoman. So I stood him up against it to see how he'd do. I thought he wouldn't be able to be steady, but he stood there for a long while playing. Now he enjoys it a bunch.
 |
| Just a regular box? |
 |
| Nope, Dak was playing under it. |
 |
| Kyle hoping that Dexter will go back to sleep, but nope...wide awake |
Mornings are my favorite time with Dak. Usually when Dexter wakes up for his first feeding I just bring him into the bed. He eats and then we all go back to sleep (hopefully). Then he wakes up and is so cheerful, and loud. We play with him for a bit and have fun cuddling with him. It's hard to explain, but they're awesome.
 |
| Trying on mom's hard hat and safety vest. Got to wear the PPE. |
This week we also learned that Dak has a favorite. Who is it? Not the mama. He's a daddy's boy. Kyle will walk in the room and his eyes will light up. The grin goes from happy to a huge smiley thing. If he was fussy, it stops (for a little while at least). Sometimes you say just dad and he'll look at Kyle. Mom...nothing. Milk...excitement. When getting ready in the morning Dak will wake up and just watch Kyle get ready. Rolling from side to side, and give him grins when he walks near. It's cute, but I'll have to work harder I guess to get that position of favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment