December 7, 2011

I'll Get You My Pretty

Thursday was the day that made this week interesting and reminded me of the Wizard of Oz.
Getting ready....
Thursday morning Kyle woke up and it was butt cold with a little wind.  I could go into a long narrative but I'll try to paraphrase it well.  No train came for Kyle.  Trains weren't working between us and SLC due to severe wind storm.  How severe?  Hurricane winds, with gusts clock to 100+ mph.  Kyle asks me to drive him in.  The whole way I have white knuckles.  Huge tumbleweeds, dirt/rocks, kid playpools, basketballs, large metal items were all on the freeway being blown around, and I had to avoid or hit these.  Semi's by this point were banned, but we saw 8 or so flipped to their sides, with the rest parked on the sides. Looking like they'd flip over any minute.  Dropped him off, then drove home through the same horribleness with just me and Dex.
...with our lanterns.....
Here's the news story www.ksl.com  Just know that we live in northern Davis county, right next to Layton.

Power flickered throughout the day and got REALLY windy. Then at 3 pm when I was on a short walk facing the freezing hard wind (was not a fun walk, but had to pay the rent) the power went out.  So me and Dex had fun, pulled out the lanterns and texted with Kyle to see if the trains were going yet.  Thankfully they eventually were running again, so Kyle got home around 7 that night to a dark DARK house.  He opened the garage and went to find a pizza place that was open.  We ate, put Dex to bed, and then went to bed too.  Thankfully, the power turned on sometime during the night.
...for night time party-ing.  Showing off the octupus dance move.
He liked the little lantern

Just thought the shot came out cool
The power outage reminded me of how dark DARK can get.  Also, we probably need to fix somethings to be more prepared next time, but what we had worked this time.  All of our block was out, and a fair bit of other parts of Clearfield.  The funny thing is the buildings who are kitty corner to us, still had their power.  I was jealous, but grateful that our house or yard wasn't being torn to shreds like the other towns were experiencing.
We got some damage, but just this fence being busted out
Friday we went gift shopping.  Toys 'R' Us (aka madhouse) and Target.  We finished up all the buying of gifts.  WOOHOO! Just now have to finish making the remaining few, but a few of those can't be done until closer to Christmas.
Chilling in PJ's
Christmas decorations.  From left to right: 2 small pine trees,  nativitiy, scrap fabric trees, Christmas blocks, & Elf on a Shelf.
Hung our ornaments in the hallway with care
Made a new one with Dexter's handprint for his first Christmas
So the rest of the week has been really relaxing compared to Thursday.  Just filled with errands, cleaning, playing with my favorite guys, decorating for Christmas, and making decorations and gifts.  However, can't show the gifts I've made for Christmas and a friend's baby until after I give them.  It'd ruin their surprise.

Oh I'm learning what needs to be childproofed.  Since he now does his version of crawling, I'm constantly picking up things.  Taking things out of his mouth.  At first he stuck to only carpet, but now he likes tile too.  Oy. Since he's dragging his whole body though he's usually slow to get where he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow