February 1, 2012

Oompa Loompa

My favorite from his 9 month shoot
We had another family game night.  Friday I drove to pick Kyle up from the U.  As I drove there I passed through the most awesome neighborhoods of Salt Lake City.  The houses were old ones .  Queen Anne style, Craftsman style, so many other amazing styles.
Craftsman...my favorite
Queen Anne
 I love the way old houses are.  Beautiful architectural details and woodworking.  I will never live in an old one though.  Too much upkeep and renovating for me.  If I could find a new house that looked like an old one.  That will be the one for me.  Sorry for that tangent.
Sliver of light with black and white.
We went to Chipotle for dinner and ran to the Target by Mariah's since we still had time.  It was so much bigger than our local one, which also brought a lot of temptation.  The game night was fun.  Played some Carcassone and Settlers of Catan.  While also trying to keep Dexter happy, but yet not causing messes.
One of the ways he'll sit up by himself...on his knees.
Now...Monday was a day that took all my energy and patience.  The little guy was so horrible.  Like take a crabby baby for a week, and turn it into just 6 hours.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  It wasn't until I was trying to put him back for a nap, when suddenly he jammed my thumb into his mouth and bit down super hard that he got quiet.

Then later he was looking up at something and I saw it...he had cut a tooth.  No wonder the poor guy was so unhappy.  When you look back I should have figured it out.  But whenever we've felt around his mouth you never feel the nubbin's.  They just suddenly break through.
Tuesday we had a video chat with nub nub (grandma). 
Tuesday was like I had a new baby.  He was the happiest he's been in a LONG time.  That's saying a bunch because he's been happy a lot lately.  He still was crawling and getting into trouble everywhere, but he was so different.  Could he have been teething and hurting him for the past few months?  He was just so fun to play with.  He took a 2.5 hour nap and then a 3 hour nap.  I was not ready for that.  As in I didn't do anything productive for fear he would wake up any second.  But I do hope he'll keep up the new nap schedule.
Don't look too close...you might see something in his nose.
Oh...Tuesday he also had his 9 month appointment.  Here's the stats:
Weight: 17 lbs 3 oz - 4%
Height: 29" - 68%
Head: 18" - 58%

Do you see what a lightweight he is?  Well the doctor classified him as underweight.  I'm supposed to expand his diet.  Give him lots of high caloric things (that are still healthy) like fruit and dairy.  The doctor wasn't worried about his orangeness since he loves sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash.  He did also say that Dexter is ahead on the motor skills for his age.
Loves stuffed animals.
I did try a recipe for a GF pizza crust dough.  It turned out AWESOME.  Even Kyle remarked that while eating it he couldn't tell it wasn't "normal."  I think part of the way that made it awesome is the way she says cook the dough.  Easier and makes sense for how runny GF dough is.
Just a little smirk.
Well that's it.  I hope now that I know that a second upper tooth should be on it's way I can help him better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow