February 15, 2012

Park Days

Recently we've had a few warmer days with lots of sunshine.  Where it seems like just some hints of spring, but sadly I know that is still a ways off.  On the warm days, I've tried hard to go outside and soak it up.  Dexter and I will just go sit and walk in the backyard.  One time when Kyle was supposed to be studying, I pulled him away to go for a quick park run.  Such a bad influence.
Walking with my V-Day dates
This weekend was just Stake Conference.  I did get a little break from Dexter, but it was helping at a funeral luncheon for 3 hours.  To me...that doesn't really count since it wasn't anything fun. But Kyle was doing homework ALL weekend long, so I guess neither of us had too much fun.
He loves slides.  We love his laughs and static hair from them.
Excited to try out the new slide.
Kyle did have lots of homework.  LOTS.  Monday he didn't even see Dexter. Kyle left before Dak was up, and didn't get home until 11.
First time on a swing.  Looks like's he's still trying to figure out how to react.
Valentine's day was pretty fun.  It helped that the homework load was almost none.  I got Kyle: a box of Cheez-its, a Reese's Crispy Crunch Bar.  Then I also got Dexter and Kyle kites.  I know Dak is a little young for them...but Kyle's paranoid about me using them.  I have a history of losing kites.  Dex got a cheap one that I can help him with without worry.  Kyle gave me a bag of Dove chocolate.  

Dad and him loved the merry-go-rounds...I got motion sick.
Staying still in the middle.
He did not like it when dad made it go really fast though.  He was done.
But the best part...was spending the morning at a park.  We even went to a different park than normal to find swings.  This park also had...a merry-go-round!  It was so much larger, with ducks and a pond.  Such a fun change from the scrawny park we go to.
My awesome dates.
Watching the ducks.
Liked ducks from afar, not so much as they got closer.
Dex really loves food.  Yogurt he'll just keep smacking his lips.  He's also enjoying finger foods.  Bananas and cheerios.  I find cheerios everywhere.  He will also hustle so fast when he sees me grabbing the box.
He made dinner into a super mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow