Well the main encouragement for finally doing that zoo trip was a nice snowstorm was supposed to come in.
And it did. It snowed/rained for 2 days, plus a little. It was beautiful to wake up to Saturday and Sunday morning. Winter wonderlands. Winter is here.
Friday date night even included driving through the snow, to go eat at Rumbi Island and go to Petco. Dak had fun looking at the furry little animals.
I'm slowly getting used to Young Women's. Taught my second lesson, and it went better than my first. And on Tuesday I helped with my first activity. We made pies, ice cream and made grateful journals. It was fun, but the girls were a little shy talking with me. Not their friends though.
Well I'm super excited for the holidays. Already planning Christmas gifts. Dex has actually had his bought since September because there was a great deal on the things we wanted to get him. Now to get all the family members. Other than presents, I'm excited for family time and lots of food.
Oh and this morning Dex did something I didn't think would ever happen. He fell asleep. This kid can be up 5 hours past nap or bedtimes and he won't crash. Today it was quiet and I looked at the couch. At first I thought he was resting his head, but since it didn't come up 2 seconds later I knew he was asleep. It was funny to watch with his legs and arms twitching....but Dexter really was dead asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment