August 12, 2013

Is vs. Was

It's a little disappointing to have to answer the following question this way.
When IS your due date?
It WAS yesterday.
And then you get the list of all the old wives tales of different ways they've known people to induce labor.
 
As of yet no sign of the little baby coming.  The doctor appointment went well.  I still have lots of fluid, she's measuring at a little less than 8 lbs., everything else (except for my body saying it's ready to come) looked hunky dory.  So the doctor asked me what I'd like to do.

My options are:
Wait up to a week after, but preferred not to go the whole week (by me and the doc)
Inducing (but this is limited and not preferred by my doctor for me specifically)
C-Section

I chose to wait 3.5 days, and check again.  I do like my doctor and she's really patient with the baby and trying to have this a VBAC. Tomorrow we'll see if anything has happened and play from there. 

I did think I was starting to get contractions this morning (so far I only have 1, maybe 2, tiny one a day).  Nope, just indigestion.  Bummer.

Well, I'm spending my time when Kyle is here pretty productively.  He has this Friday off, and then his last furlough day is next Friday!  They shortened the amount furloughs from 11 to 6.  We're excited cause this means normal sized paychecks return soon.  We had planned to use some of those mandatory days off for moving and such, but I'd rather have full pay.

So we're boxing up the house, trying to clean some parts of it, and in general just getting ready for a baby and moving until further notice.

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you! Colton was 4 days over due (more, if you go by my doctor's due date, which I didn't think was accurate), and he was my first to be overdue. Each day felt like an eternity. I hated calling anyone, because I knew they'd just get all excited that I had "news" when there was nothing to report, just me calling to chat. But waiting for him to decide when the time was right was totally worth it. (He was born with a lot of vernix, still, so he wasn't actually overdue at all... AND, I just saw some article on webmd (I know, I know, not the most accurate source, obviously) saying that induced labors might raise the risk of autism, so there's another reason to wait a bit!)

    And I'll tell you this: my second baby, first daughter, and first VBAC was my absolute BEST and EASIEST delivery I've ever had. And I am wishing the same (and better!) for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow