September 15, 2013

Baby Sister

Well over the last two weeks we've stayed busy.  When my parents left we kind of crashed.  Kyle had hurt his foot from cleaning and working and moving all day for the past 4 days.  I had worn myself out, just by the little stuff I was doing.  C-sections take a lot out of you.

Kyle visited our new ward on the first Sunday.  He had said it was very friendly, with people introducing themselves.  We even had somebody stop by and drop off banana bread.

Don't want to forget about him.
This recovery from the c-section feels like a complete opposite than the first one.  I don't know the reason but after 2 weeks I definitely was feeling good.  No I still couldn't lift much, or run, or do a lot of stuff...but I just felt normal.  Part of this could also be Eleanor.

"Big hugs" - he loves her lots
She is a good baby.  At night she'll almost always have a 4-6 hour stint.  A few times we have even had 7 and 8 hour solid sleeps from her.  CRAZY!  But I'll take it.
Finding the hand
Dexter loves her a ton.  The only thing is to protect her from him.  Examples:
-He practiced his standing long jump...over her. Thankfully he is a good jumper and cleared her, but just barely.  We talked about not jumping over people after this.
-When the relief society presidency was visiting me, he decided to test out her catching skills.  He threw all the balls from his bucket at her.  Most are soft, but this did include some tennis balls.  Unfortuanely his aim is good, and thankfully she didn't get too bothered by it.
-He thinks her swing goes too slow.  He'll do his own power boosts to it.  Now I know why they have 5-point harnesses on them now.
Thinking about helping her swing out
He does do some super cute stuff though that doesn't scare me:
-Kisses or hugs her pretty much anytime he sees her
-Gets really upset if she cries
-Sings songs to her - him learning songs is a new development and is super cute

She's a good baby

She mainly stays in her swing all day.  It's off the floor and visible from a lot of areas.

I did visit our new ward already too.  It's been really nice and great so far.  Of course when you have a little 3 week old/ 1 month old baby everyone wants to see her and say hi to you.  but really the people have been really friendly and helpful so far.  We should enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow