September 15, 2013

Our House!

Fast forward 1 month.  And life has felt like it has been on fast forward.  Here's a recap part of what happened in the last month...it's kind of a blur.
 When I got home from the hospital the Hansens (Bruce, Leanne, Tyler and Audrey) were all waiting for us.  Besides everyone fighting over holding Eleanor and playing with Dexter, they were able to do some fun stuff with Kyle. I opted to stay home and rest.  They were only able to stay a few days.
Nub Nub holding her newest little grandchild

The same day they left, my mom came up.  While she was here we packed up stuff, and she also cleaned what she could.  Some Treehouse visits with Dexter, and just taking him out was super helpful. 
Helping her out by giving her the unicorn...right on top of her head

She also babysat the couple of times that we went and finished the final details, and then closed on our house!!!!
Probably kissing her

Then on Monday, August 26th we signed our lives away.  We officially owned the house...now to move in.  The people though had put a condition of 48 hours to move out.  I don't know where they started their 48 hours but they took a bit longer than that.  On Thursday morning we were finally given the keys.  My mom and Kyle went over and cleaned what they could for a while.  The people who moved out didn't clean it, like they didn't leave it filthy but nothing was sparkling. :/
I love all the expressions babies have

Then Friday came.  We boxed up and moved stuff like crazy.  Okay, my dad (who drove up the day before), Kyle and my mom did.  My sister, Melynn, came and helped be my chauffer and babysitter.  We took the kids to the Treehouse, then to Costco and finally back to our new house.  
Melynn chilling with the babes and I at the new house

We had the wards help us, and it went great.  Of course I think all the people carrying the boxes (read heavy textbook filled boxes) hated me when I directed them to put a lot of the "stuff" in the basement.  Which is where all the stuff will stay until I'm able to get it.
We're home owners!

Saturday the 3 amazing people (Kyle, Gayle and Robert) cleaned our townhouse like crazy.  Kyle said the manager was REALLY impressed with it.  
He loves the backyard, and the neighbors have chickens which he loves

Sunday we mostly chilled.  Some fixing of stuff and cleaning was done, but a lot of rest was needed.  Then Monday morning my parents helped fix up some issues and then they left to head back home.
Feel like grownups...house, 2 kids and a minivan

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow