November 13, 2013

Texas Trip - Part 1 - On a Dark Desert Highway

Here embarks our 2700 mile trip.  It's broken up into 3 different posts because it was so awesome.
This is first part...driving to Texas!
Kyle was driver...the entire trip
I sat next to Ellie in the middle
And Dexter got the back to himself...piled in with all our stuff though
The trip down was on lots of little highways.  We drove through Price and Moab, Utah.
Lunch break in Moab!


We stopped at a park to eat and play!
After getting through Utah we cut across a small corner of Colorado, then onto the New Mexico highways.  There were lots of junctions, small highways, hilly roads, etc. on this part which was all in the pitch black.  Not my favorite but we evenutally got to Albuquerque where Leanne and Jake and Rachel were waiting for us at the hotel.
After a long day he got to watch movies on the tablet.
One quick side story.  At the hotel in Albuquerque we had all of us in a suite room.  It was nice.  Anyways, the next morning Dexter got lost at the hotel complex.  Like Kyle and I thought the other group had him, but they didn't.  Kyle started to run around trying to find him.  Before leaving my room, I said a quick prayer for help.  Then I was walking to the lobby area and ran into a lady.  I asked her if she had seen a 2 year old boy.  She didn't but she was a worker at the hotel and so asked the front desk and other employees.  While asking the front desk, a guest there said he saw a little kid at unit 12.  So I sprint over there, and there's Dexter trying to get into a room that looked identical to ours.  He told me the door to our room was locked, and was so happy to see me.  I'm so grateful that we were able to find him safe.  So much went through my head of what could have happened, but after the prayer they settled...but I still was scared.

The next leg of our trip was from Albuquerque to San Angelo!  And what better halfway point than Roswell, NM!
Downtown had all the aliens.

Stores with Aliens everywhere.
Along most of our drive through the desert and lonely highways, we saw tons of town that just reminded me of Cars.  The rundown towns.
Example of old abandoned buildings.  They were everywhere.

We made it to Texas!

Hooray!  Ellie was asleep in the car and couldn't celebrate.
In San Angelo we made it Trevor and Danielle's new house.

The three cousins.  Ellie (2 mos.) was almost just as big as Milo (7 mos.)
Everyone resting after a long drive.
From Trevor and Danielle's house it was only a 3.5 hour drive to our final destination.  Austin!
3.5 was easy compared to the first day of 14+ hours and our second day of 10+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow