The weed patch has been diminished greatly. We had gotten a load of free wood chips from a local tree trimming company. On Saturday morning we asked some of the young men in our ward to help us out. Since with watching 2 kids I couldn't be a big helper, and it needed more than just 1 other person to get it done quicker. They laid down some newspaper scraps, and then we laid down the wood mulch on top of it.
 |
| Working hard out there. There was another pair of boys helping. |
 |
| What we could complete |
The mulch isn't as thick on top as we like (weeds are coming through a little still), and we didn't get the whole area covered down. However, it looks and is WAY better than before.
On Mother's day Kyle was great. He cooked breakfast (oatmeal) and dinner (baked potatoes). I got two gifts but not that day. One had arrived early, a popcorn maker, and one late, some blue rainboots.
 |
| Mom and Ellie got some new shoes |
Garden Update: A hard freeze came Monday night, and then two frosts then next mornings. Almost all my plants didn't survive. There was like one tiny jalapeno pepper that was spared by being small in the dirt. Some of the peppers have kind of restarted, but nothing I can count on.
 |
| Peppers no more... |
 |
| Everything...dead |
Instead, I took the kids to a nursery and we bought some new starts. Lots of tomatoes, peppers (bell and spicy ones), even watermelons and cauliflowers. Then later planted them. They're doing great now.
We also went to the doctors. Since their appointments were going to be only like 3 weeks apart, I made them to be together. They both checked out healthy, and only one interesting thing happened. During the middle of it Dexter decided he needed to go potty right then. The doctor got to hold Ellie, as I helped Dexter. But Ellie is very attached so she was screaming hysterically the whole time. Poor doctor.
Dexter's stats
Weight: 32.6 lbs - 57%
Height: 38.75" - 77%
Eleanor's Stats
Weight: 16 lbs 3.5 oz - 17%
Height: 27 3/4" - 57%
Head: 17.5" - 67%
 |
| His bandaid where they "poked and got blood" |
Both kids also got their iron levels checked. Dexter was cause he doesn't eat meat, beans or greens very well. Their levels were very good though, so no worries.
 |
| I try and get some "me" time taking a power nap in the warm sunshine while the kids take their naps |
 |
| I faux-hawked his hair. He said he didn't like it. It was back to flat in 5 minutes anways. |
 |
| The neighbors invited us to play in the pool |
 |
| Ellie is a good helper. I fold two things, she pulls out one. |
 |
| Likes me to take pictures of him, and gives me this look |
 |
| Playing on the top bunk |
 |
| Ellie's cheese |
 |
| then grab for the camera |
 |
| He wanted some photos with her |
 |
| Last of the fever episode...so mellow |
 |
| She pushed this box over to the couch |
 |
| Showing me how careful and slow he is at climbing to the top. |
Ellie is like thiiiiis close to walking. She pushes any object she can as her walker. On Sunday it was a chair and she pushed it around the whole gym, and back. But she also can stand for a few seconds on her own, until she realizes she is. I'm in trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment