This Friday Kyle and I got to double date with some of our good friends. It consisted of Chris and Katy Clarke. I've known Chris since freshman year of high school, and then Katy and I met in college and were roommates for 2.5+ years. For the date I thought it would be fun to get outside, and fate loved me too with making it a beautiful warm March day.
We went to Sunset park first and did a variety of things. First Kyle and I had some stale bread from before we moved...yeah it was really old. It was an assortment of bread and tortillas. There seemed to be a much bigger mass of birds at Sunset park then I've normally seen. All sorts...the Canadian geese, white geese, and black, brown, and gray ducks. It was fun to see them all try to be the one to get the piece. The most fun was tossing a tortilla like a saucer into the middle. That was like a deathmatch scene.
After the feeding frenzy various games were held. It wasn't windy so no kite flying like Kyle wanted. There were foam swords to pummel each other with though. There was a large/jumbo foam frisbee that we tossed around. We then used the swords to catch the frisbee in a 3 fly's up variation....usually played with baseballs or footballs.
Afterwards we started a grill. Skewered together some shish kabobs. Lit a box on fire that had a forgotten firework in it. Katy's surprised face and reaction when hearing and seeing the firework go off was hilarious. Some of the kabobs didn't taste well and were not eaten....note to others: lighter fluid should not be applied to the coals when there is food cooking. Other kabobs tasted good. Then we had delicious mud pie. It was my first time....and never now to be my last. Mmmmmmm.
It was a fun date.
No comments:
Post a Comment