July 21, 2010

Sleepovers

So yeah this weekend we had visitors. But instead of just people passing through or one person spending the night we had 3 spend the night AND 4 people stop through!  The first two were Audrey and Jake.  They stayed with us Saturday and Sunday night.  Then also a friend of ours Brandon stayed over for Saturday night.

There were many hilarious moments.  Like when Jake realized he left his church clothes in Provo.  We all pitched in by giving him pants to try on.  Audrey had a few black pants; I had khakis and black ones; and Kyle had some church pants.  Well he tried on Audrey's which were skinny jeans, and they were still skinny jeans on him.  I'm not allowed to post the pictures, but they are hilarious to look at.  Probably it being midnight helped make things be even funnier.

Also, our friend Brandon is very tall.  Around 6'8".  Our house is at max 6'10" tall.  There were a few places that he had to duck to get through and couldn't even jump or raise his hands.

On Sunday, along with our current guests, some of Kyle's relatives from Cali were stopping by.  This made Sunday dinner come to a total of 9 people.  We decided not to stuff them in our small, hot kitchen and made a little picnic in our still small living room.  Having all the people were fun though.
 Aunt Suzie helped me make part of dinner

Everyone, minus Brandon, chilling in the living room

Group shot..thanks Brandon for taking the picture.  From left to right: Leah, Audrey, Jake, Kyle, Me, Joseph, Suzie, Dale

Oh in great news for when we had people to visit...WE GOT A SWAMP COOLER!!!!!!!!  Our house now ranges from 70-77!  It's nice, but so far we have to fill it up every 2-3 hours until a piece that automatically keeps adding water comes in.  Oh well, I can deal with it!

Going on...on Monday Kyle had to go to work and Jake just played games on his computer.  Audrey though let me convince her to take her on a photo shoot.  We went and explored downtown Ogden.  Ogden's downtown is what I think of for downtown.  Old stores with glass and brick fronts.  Cool architectural features and just the small town feeling.  Also down there is the old and large Union Station.  It's a museum now but had tons of trains and cabooses to climb on.  I'm not going to post the pictures on here but instead go to.... whphotos.blogspot.com.
I created the site to put my photography practicing on instead of everything on here.  Note: I'm not a pro or even think of becoming one, I just wanted a place to put them all without filling up these.  I'm putting a little logo on them for copyright purposes.

Well it all had to come to an end, but of course...we got a picture!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for cooling things!!! We got an AC and it's amazing! Can't wait to have you guys HERE tomorrow :) I LOVE having you so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fun visitors!! Too bad you couldn't post the pics, I bet they're hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow