July 14, 2010

Special Occasions

Summer is definitely the time of weddings.  We got a lot of invitations and just a whole lot of people in general who got married.  This weekend we went to two receptions that were relatively close.  The first one was Friday night in Salt Lake.  We learned while driving that the airport is not a good turnaround place.  I had told Kyle to get off on the wrong exit.  US-80 West instead of the East exit 2 miles down the I-15.  Anyways...we're driving and the exits are going down, instead of up so I knew I messed up as the navigator.  The next exit was the airport, so we took it but had to drive through the economy parking lots in order to get back out.  Kyle is so great too because he wasn't mad or frustrated that I kept making those mistakes, but we just kept joking about it while still being lost.  Eventually we did make it.  The reception was in SLC and for a friend that Kyle has known basically since kindergarten.  We didn't think we'd know too many people, and we were right...other than the couple 4.  Two of those were her family though, so I guess that makes it 2.
The next night we didn't get lost while going to another reception.  One to my great friend the now Mrs. Caryn Crowley Wehmeyer.  Caryn was one of my first friends in the singles ward and then she became my roommate for 2+ years!  I was sad because her wedding was in Vegas, but we couldn't make it that weekend.  
I should be next to these wonderful girls.  All of us were friends and roommates for what seems like a LONG time....
However, I did get my own photo with Caryn...
The following Sunday we also went to my cousin's house for some dinner and game playing.  This time since my sister is at BYU, Trevor and Danielle were able to bring her with them.
We had fun.  Ate some good chicken.  Played some Bang! and then Life...electronic version.  It was a lot more fun because there are so many options.  Kyle and I were a team.  We were about to start kicking some big butt, but then through one of the cards we had to resign as Chief Archeologist making $500,000 to a morgue attendent with a Ph.D making $5,000.  Needless to say this didn't help us pay off our large house and sports car...so we lost in the end.
Here's all the people who came to party though...
Melynn & Mariah
Trevor & Danielle

Kyle & I

Oh...so I'm working on tons of craft projects right now maybe in one of the next few posts I'll have to show the things i'm making (or made). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow