July 7, 2010

No Fireworks

Since this past weekend was the 4th of July you would expect pictures of fireworks...except we didn't play or see any of these spectacular things.  Instead we again went down to Duck Creek to visit with my family.  Since it is in the mountains and they are dry and dead up there right now, fireworks are never allowed unless one of the villages does them.
This time down though we picked up a passenger.  My sister!  She just started BYU for the summer and so we were able to give her a lift down.
On the trip up the mountain we stopped at the lookout over Navajo Lake.  It's a gorgeous view and I was thrilled because the water was a foot or more still over the dike, and had even broken it during the spring.  On a side note: This is good because that means there is still tons of water.  The dike is meant to separate the lake into two because it drains.  This way only one side drains and the other gets water year round. Usually by this time the draining side is pretty low and definitely by August is gone.  When we looked though the draining side was still really deep!  End of side note...
Here's some pictures of us at the overlook...



Most the weekend as usual was just filled with game playing.  Here's us playing Dominion which was mentioned in this blog post...
Also, we celebrated my sister's half birthday since she was born on New Year's Eve and it already has tons of celebrations around that time.

Melynn and Grandpa

She picked Ice Cream and Grasshoppers as her treat, notice the candle on the top.  It was eaten very quickly.
On Sunday we visited Panguitch Lake branch for sacrament then went and journeyed to find some of our cousins who were camping kind of nearby.  After a while and taking my parents on a road not meant for cars we found them.  They had a beautiful camping spot.

Melynn played with our second cousins.

My dad talked with 2 of his sisters.

Kyle and I walked in the meadow.

The next few pictures are landscape ones, but they have not been touched up by me.  They were already so beautiful and I wanted to show just how great everything naturally was.



Anyways, we finished up Sunday and celebrated the 4th of July by making smore's in our fire pit at the cabin. They were sooo good, but I couldn't eat as much as I could when I was a kid.

Eating our smore's yumm!

That practically ended our weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of the lake and such. Is that with that new camera I saw when I was up there a..gee a week ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. That was kyle's and mine graduation present/need new camera/i want a nice one gift to ourselves. I love it! It's pretty easy to use. Only downside is you can't take sneaky or more candid pictures.

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow