This blog will have a small weekend update, but then will also be a thoughts and asking for some answers type of post.
It was a pretty chill weekend which was nice because somehow Kyle was still needed to regain sleep and rest from our vacation to Vegas. Saturday though I did get to torture him with some baby shopping. Buahahaha. We actually didn't buy anything and I did well at keeping to just what I came there for. Our first stop was a place called Kid To Kid. It's a 2nd hand kid store, and is pretty awesome. I found a diaper bag, which looks more like a duffle bag. Anyways, it'll have plenty of storage (great for the trips to Vegas), although its just gray so kind of boring looking. Maybe I'll try to fix that. After the thrift shop we had errands at Target. So we just quickly glanced at the baby section. It was full of mothers, toddlers, and baby strollers so we didn't browse long.
Next for the real reason of this trip. Stroller shopping! I've been researching two things mainly for the baby. Strollers/car seats and cloth diapers. The stroller though is something I definitely needed to see in person, touch, collapse, and get the feel of it before I invest that much money into it. Well...I liked it. And so did Kyle. Now I just actually have to buy it and figure out where to store it. But if you're wondering what I plan on getting it's this one:
I think its pretty sweet, so does Kyle.
So anyways, to the part where I just have thoughts and questions. Baby Showers. I'm going to be having a little one the next time Kyle and I visit Las Vegas. I like baby showers, but there's always things that I worry or wonder about.
First off is who to invite? Obviously the family members who live nearby and the friends who I still keep frequent contact with. The question I always have is there other people to invite too? I'm not the type of chick who invites everyone I've ever met, but I also don't like to exclude people if they want to come and i do like to see people. Reading minds is not my forte, people being blunt and honest with me is the way I like to roll. So living so far away from people, and not seeing people from down there at all I've been wondering who. I won't worry about it too much and just stick to those I know unless I find out otherwise.
Next is a combination question...what do I get for my baby and put on my registry? I don't like to shop or get lots of non-useful items. Also, the kid gets a very tiny section in his room. Like only 5 feet by 10 feet for all the furniture and stuff. The only large furniture will be a crib, and dresser or some type of shelf storage. But I still wonder what else would I need and what all to put on the registry. I finally just made a Babies 'R' Us one and put the items I could think of. However, they don't have everything or have expensive items. So I think I'll make a Target one too. Also, for little things I don't feel picky about brand or type but I hate how you need to pick on or two because just putting all the pacifiers and toys that there are on the registry doesn't make sense. Any guidance on this topic from ya'll I would like. Not just moms either, because everyone has had to deal with showers, gifts, lists and all the schtuph before.

It is my opinion that you should invite whoever YOU want to invite. If that involves just close family and friends then so be it. If you want to open it up to people who you dont chat with all the time but consider to be a friend then have a more open baby shower invite (maybe use face book to invite people or put an invite on the blog) and make sure that people RSVP so you know how many are coming. That way if they come then it is on them.
ReplyDeleteAs for the next question i have no idea. I am a big giver of clothing and diapers. But i am not sure if it is helpful in answering your question. (I have a friend that really liked the wipes warmer-said it made all the difference in the world).
It definitely would be people I would enjoy and want to be there. I just can never think of who I'm missing. It's kind of hard to describe exactly how I feel. One easy way is that I'm just a worry wart of things.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean. When i got married i went though the list over and over and over again and could not think of anyone that i missed but i missed some people. It happens and if they are true friends they will understand that is was not done on purpose. (and maybe still get you some awesome diapers!!):P
ReplyDeleteI am in the same boat as you Whit, but I would say that ask people that you know that have recently had babies what they would have wanted. But just like your bridal shower remember that half of the people that come won't even look at you list. I had a friend that like in Az and I just order her something on line. So don't rule out people that live far away because they won't be able to come.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what was said earlier, I am planning to have a shower at the end of the summer in Vegas, I am so excited to see people and have them meet our little one, but I'm just going to let them know when and where and leave it up to them. When are you due again?
Oh I forgot baby depot is great too, and so is Costco... (FYI)
ReplyDeleteI'm due April 18th...only 3 months away now!! Yeah I've decided I'll ask on facebook once who wants an invite, and then not worry about it.
ReplyDelete