January 5, 2011

Rest of the Week, NYE & Anni.

So...I think I wrote last time all the way up to Friday which is New Years Eve.  This part of the trip I'm sorry doesn't have any pictures.

The morning started off with my mom helping me with the next steps of the quilt.  Since I have a machine quilter on my sewing machine at home, I plan on just stitching not tying the quilt.  However, to transport it and bind it we did a quick basting of it together.  During this I found out a few parts I had missed and had to redo some stuff.  Now it's up to me to stitch, and then learn how to bind it.

Eventually, we left my parents house to spend the rest of the time with the Hansens.  My parents don't stay up, and my sister was going to a YSA dance so there wasn't too much of a point to stay there.

The girls drove to the Fashion Show Mall to try and get a makeover thing done by Bare Essentials.  Traffic was...a little crazy and so was the mall.  The people weren't able to take us, but we had fun just looking around and going into a few stores.

At the Hansens there was a yummy dinner.  Then some game playing.  A new one called Scrabble Slam.  They seemed to like that one.  We played Bang! with them.  Most are not fans or pay too much attention, unlike my family who gets into it.  After that we tested out another one called Guillotine.  Interesting, simple and fun, yet disturbing at the same time.  The point of the game is to collect nobles, who's head you chop off.  The new year was rung in by us watching the Strip fireworks on the TV.  We even ran outside quickly to see if we could actually see them...but it was too cold without shoes and a jacket to give it a chance.

Saturday morning we eventually woke up, packed up the car, and drove home.  It was definitely time to leave.  With all the late staying up, not my bed, and other things I was ready to go home and relax.  It felt so nice once we actually got home.

Well Sunday now was our 2 year anniversary!!  Woot woot!  We had a fancy dinner of leftover chili, but had a nice bottle of sparkling juice to go with it.  Monday though was the celebration.  We've decided to not get each other anniversary gifts, and instead treat ourselves to a nice restaurant.  This year we chose Outback.  It was really good.

That sums up the exciting adventures that we did over the past week and a half.  Now if your wondering if I got fat over Christmas the answer is: not too much.  However, I think I have past the point where people do stop wondering if I'm just a little chunky or actually pregnant.

Here's a picture from today, which is 25 weeks and 2 days...or 6 months, 1 week, and 2 days.
The one on the top has me actually trying to be my largest.  And the one on the bottom is the typical one...just not a cute face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow