Well last Thursday I got out of the house...by myself. There was a RS presidency meeting so I took the opportunity and went. Kyle does the evening feeding so it was easy just to leave them. When I returned, Kyle was so happy to have me back to help out though.
Can't recall anything exciting happening over the weekend. Just that it was good and all.
| His happy face right after eating. |
Monday though...was awesome! Heavenly Father blessed me. Little Dexter was being a happy, not as gassy baby. Also, right after I called the lactation consultants to beg for help...he ate correctly (and has continued to). Doesn't stuff like that happen. Right after you ask for help, the issue gets resolved. I'm really okay with that though. Dexter also was playing and just chilling. I also heard him do some of his first coos. It was just the day I needed. Just a small break and showed me how I could go into the real world again.
Going out and about in public (the real world) with Dex has been on my mind. He's a good baby, but has gas issues. These range from screaming for 30 minutes after to screaming up to 2 hours. They aren't usually continuous, but are frequent. They are also really loud and really hard to calm him when he has them. Being held and walking around is the most calming, but hard to do anything else while your doing this. Calming though doesn't mean not crying, just slightly less hysterical than it started at. So to help me during the day I made my own Moby style wrap. So far today, it's helped. He falls right asleep in it.
| Dex chilling in the new carrier |
This weekend I am stepping out into the real world with Dak. We'll see how I survive. There's a relief society teaching thing and a family game night. It'll be interesting.
Tomorrow is also Dexter's 1 month birthday. I will celebrate it by eating homemade ice cream.
You look so great! And good for you for figuring out the nursing thing, I have a special love for lactation consultants.
ReplyDeleteYou look great and so does he!! Good luck with the taking him out of the house thing. I am sure you guys will do awesome!!
ReplyDelete