It was so great having her here, and I really appreciated all that she did. My house got vacuumed, laundry done, dishes were always cleaned, and had great home cooked meals. She also changed diapers, and held him a lot. She enjoyed spending time with me, and of course little Dexter.
| Saying her goodbyes to Dexter |
Saturday was Kyle doing a bunch of chores and errands. We even got a small date night and watched Tron: Legacy. I loved spending time with just Kyle.
Sunday morning I got a small present from Dexter. He slept for a good while, and I was able to sleep in my own bed. He also made me not cringe when nursing him, that was my favorite from him. There'll be more on that later. Kyle made me breakfast. Oatmeal and muffins. It was delicious and nice to have a hot meal.
| MMmmm food, that I didn't cook. |
Later that day we also had visitors. Trevor and Danielle got to meet Dak! They got to stay for quite a while. We talked, ate homemade ice cream, and they obliged Kyle in learning how to play Munchkin. This is a new game that Kyle got. He's been dying to play it, but you need at least 3 people. But there's only 2 of us who would be able to....Dexter is just a little too small unfortunately. It was slow learning and going at first. It has potential though.
| Aunt Danielle cuddling with Dexter |
| Sleeping again, but with Uncle Trevor |
| Touch Down! |
| Hands have to be out at all times |
Even with these setbacks, the one thing that is frustrating me the most is nursing him. This is supposed to be a nice moment, one where there's bonding. Instead I'm trying not to curse each time...and he eats frequently. I know that there's usually some pain or discomfort expected at first, when latching on usually. My problem is throughout the whole thing. He's a biter. And when he's not biting, because they say they can't bite and suck milk out at the same time, he's using the gum and tongue to pretty much bite. I took a breastfeeding class so I try to get him to have the good latch like we learned, and my aunt even gave me some good advice. However, this is the most frustrating. At his 2 week appointment the doctor also gave me some guidelines, and it's helped a bit. I have to use something that at least makes me not so sore. There are good times every now and then, hopefully they start coming more often. Maybe I'll just have to take longer to get used to it. So I just needed to vent, and if you have any advice or have dealt with this...let me know.
Also...I'm in need of some wardrobe vamping. Are there any styles or types of clothes that are easier or you like better when nursing? Or any favorite clothing or shoes in general?
i'm going to guess a wrap top.. but no experience.... but most comfy shoes ever come from hush puppies their missionary shoes have me walking on a cloud!
ReplyDelete