June 1, 2011

Blessed Day

So this weekend was filled with one long outing.  We decided to be crazy people and drive with Dexter all the way to Vegas to spend Memorial Day Weekend with family and friends, and also to bless him in church down there.
It started off early Friday morning.  Woke up, got ready, and headed out the door.  Took a lot longer than planned.  In Provo, we switched into my sister's car and also picked her up.  Much roomier for 4 people.
My guys in their sunglasses
It wasn't too bad of a drive.  As you can tell I sat in the back with Dak.  He was a good sleeper, and ate right from his seat too sometimes.  Just whenever we noticed our ears popping he would get fussy, but I helped him pop his ears too.
Arriving in Vegas we were able to stop off at Grandma Hansen's house so she could meet her new Great-Grandson (number 43 or something close to that)
Great Grandma Thompson meeting Dexter
We also stopped off at the Rigg's house so Dex could meet his future StarCraft playmate.
Finally we got to my parents house where we stay, and we were all pooped.  Some more figuratively than literally.
The next morning (Saturday) we got to relax a little. Also, the McQueens (Kyle's relatives) stopped by.
The McQueen family.  Joseph, Suzie, Dak, Dale, Leah
In the afternoon we headed over to the Hansen's so they could visit him and so we could all be together for the first time.  This would be Jake and Grandma Hansen's first meeting as well.  The boy's started what they always do.  Played video games...but with all 4 of them.  Us girls just chilled and talked.  Later, a few friends stopped by.  Katy and Wendy, with both of their Chris'.  It was fun to see and talk with them.  We do miss our friends in Vegas.
Old roommates and friends. Chris, Katy, Me, Chris, Wendy, Dex, Kyle
After talking and eating for quite a while, we ended our day.  Had to get up early for the main reason we went down.  Dexter William Hansen's blessing!
Looking sharp in his blessing outfit

We had chosen to do it in Vegas for the main reason that to get all the immediate members of Kyle's family it'd have to be there.  Just hard to schedule with them taking care of Grandma.  Also, it'd be easier to have our one family go down then have a bunch come up.
Aunt Melynn enjoying time with him
Grandma Gayle & Grandpa Robert

So on Sunday morning we all got ready and headed to church for our first time.  On the car ride over he fell asleep, and that's how he stayed throughout the whole meeting.  Kyle blessed him.  In the circle were our fathers, Kyle's brothers, and my grandpa.  It was a beautiful blessing, and I almost cried.  I really enjoyed going to church again and taking the sacrament.
Our little family
4 generations on Kyle's dad's side
After sacrament we headed to my family's house.  There my grandparents and aunts had lunch and talked with us.
4 generations with my dad's side of the family
4 generations on my mom's side of the family
Eventually they had to go home.  We took this opportunity to all take a wonderful nap.  Upon waking up, we got ourselves looking good and headed to the Hansens again.
Being adored

Here we hung out for a little while and then took some family pictures.  We had asked someone from the Hansen's ward and who Kyle and I knew from Institute to take them.  Grandma Hansen wasn't too happy to take them, but she put up with all of us.  There were many interesting comments and pictures taken.  I'm pretty sure there's quite a few with me not looking good at all.  Jumping and making a decent face can't be comprehended by my brain.  Another one where I know I looked awkward while we were supposed to sing a song while being shot.  Other than that, there should be some good shots of the family and our little one too.
Photo of the photoshoot
Another photo of the photoshoot
Some board games were then played, and the time to leave soon came as well.
The next morning we hurried to the Hansen's house again, saying goodbye to my family.  Here the boys wanted to play video games all together one more time.  So while they did that, I went shopping.  This time I had some success.  I had gone shopping earlier in the week and had come back frustrated because clothes just weren't fitting right.  This time I skipped looking at pants because that was the main frustrater.  Instead I found some cute shirts and a cute long flowy dress.  The only sad part was buying them...hardly any of them were on sale or clearance.  I need to do more thrift and second hand store shopping so my pocketbook won't take a hit with the new wardrobe I want.

Back to the trip.  After the shopping and playing video games, we started the journey back home to Utah.
Again, Dex did pretty good.  There was one really slow part because of a bad accident.  Otherwise it was a good trip back.

The trip did throw the baby off the slight routine that we had.  So the week has been a little rough recovering the sleep I lost on the trip, and helping him to get back to regularness.

On the way back the slow traffic
But it was a good 1st long trip as a family.

We survived

1 comment:

WH Photos Slideshow