Who needs P90X when you got a baby. Since Dex hates (and I mean hates) tummy time, I found something he loves instead. I'll hold him above me like he's superman. He loves it. I also take this opportunity to do a few bench presses with him. Just doing it the last 2 days, my arms are feeling it. If I keep it up I'll slowly work back up to the toned arms and muscles I kind of had after P90X.
| I know it's blurry but it shows the hate he has for it. |
Well the doctor never called back about my latest blood test. They only call when it's something to be concerned about. So I guess 3rd times the charm and I'm normal again. I'm really never quite normal, but you know.
This past weekend we went on a trip to Duchesne. To everyone not familiar with this town its pronounced something like dew-shane. It goes on the Utah twisted town pronounciation list. Like Hurricane, Hooper, Tooele. There's probably more.
The reason for the trip was one of Kyle's mission companions got married and was having a reception. Duchesne is a smaller town and a bit of a drive. Usually we wouldn't drive that far for a wedding reception where we wouldn't know anyone else, but we thought we'd make a day trip out of it and see that part of Utah.
It was such a pretty drive. We drove up through Ogden Canyon (I think that's what it was), through Heber and then out a very long highway. There were so many different types of landscapes. Mountains with huge pines. Valleys with lots of farms. Desert with juniper trees. The rivers were all so full and overflowing. We only made one stop. It was at Strawberry Resevoir. Here we walked around their visitor center and read about what they do to the fishes there. They capture fish and do a hatchery. The fish kept trying to break free, but were very well caged in.
| Peak of the jump |
| Will he make it? |
| Nope...still in there |
| On our little hike |
We took a different way home and swung through Provo. We wanted to stop off and say hi to Trevor and Danielle. It was a bit late, and we stayed a little longer than planned, but we always enjoy stopping over and talking with them.
I had my first experience of having to listen to sacrament in the mother's lounge. Also...he's not crying as much. Hooray!! Naptimes are going well, which means my house and I are not as crazy. Like I actually vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, did the laundry within the same week.
No comments:
Post a Comment