July 13, 2011

A Change of P[l]ace

Exciting stuff happened this weekend, but you'll have to wait for it.  So it's been pretty warm in our house.  The mornings start off at 78 or so, then creep up to 83 usually....but lately 85.  Even warmer if I use the oven or stove to make dinner.  Haven't hooked up the swamp cooler, and probably won't...because of exciting news.

This weekend though did have a few rainstorms.  We quickly would throw open all the windows that have screens just to cool the house off.  I love listening to the thunder and rain, and watching lightning.
How I found his swaddler on him one time.  Reminded me of a Middle Eastern man.

Each evening this weekend we did the same thing.  We watched Avatar: The Last Airbender. We've been doing an episode here and there, but it was getting to the intense end...so we really wanted to finish it.  It was a good show, but definitely for kids.  It's funny how things got resolved quickly and easily, and had many cheesy jokes.  Which you know Kyle and I love. 
Chilling with dad...probably watching some anime show

Dexter made it a weird week and weekend.  Don't know if it was a growth spurt, the warmness of the house affecting him, if he's sick, or a few combined.  He was on a great routine for many weeks.  Eat and play for an hour plus a little.  Then sleep for 2 hours.  Then suddenly one day it became more of sleep for only 20 minutes...then be awake and then suddenly turn cranky but refuse to sleep.  I even let him cry it out for a while each time.  He also wanted to eat every 1.5 hours!  Usually before when he wants to eat early, it's more of just his way of being bored/tired, and would be persuaded away with his pacifier.  This time though he'd scream/cry at me and he'd really eat a bunch.  And then he'd also do his pain scream while grunting.  He grunts a lot...it means he's working on something...if ya know what I mean.  Every time we laid him down he'd scream.  It was so unlike him, and his scream was one that made me wonder a little if something was wrong.  There were some happy moments here and there.  So...this made for a very time consuming because of working with him few days.  Sunday he at least held off to the 3 hours between eating, and was a little better on naps.  And overall better.  He even was the happiest for the longest during a video chat with the Vegas Hansen Family.  Thankfully, since Sunday he's been on the right track and not as weird as he was above.

Saturday morning I took Dexter on a walk all by myself.  Kyle was sleeping in, and somehow I was awake even though I was up a few times.  It was so nice outside, and Dex took a little nap during it.  While walking I saw a sign.  Kyle called the number and the guy said he was at the place.  We quickly walked over and checked out the townhouse.  It looked nice and was what were expecting, they said they didn't have a lot of other ones opening up...so we made a hold deposit on it. I was SUPER excited.  We move this Saturday!  I have one week to pack.
Dak's big butt from the cloth diapers

I've been pretty busy packing.  In two days I got the living room packed.  Next up Kitchen.  I figure the bedroom and bathroom stuff can just be thrown into boxes when the time comes.  We also have our current place until the end of the month, so it doesn't have to be cleaned and completely moved out until then.

On Tuesday Dexter hit the 12 week mark, but at 13 weeks is when I'll count him being 3 months.  I did take advantage of the temperature outside being the exact same inside.  There was even a breeze to make it nicer. Dexter was being happy...not trying to poop and not crying.  So I took pictures.  I can get him to smile so easily it's great.  Kyle does have a harder time, but he'll do it for him too.  Well the pictures are on my other blog with descriptions and such if you'd like to see how big he's gotten.
My favorite from the photo shoot

Well in memory of this place, and in hopes of the new place I wrote down some of the things I will and won't miss.  I'm not being mean, but truthful.

Things I'll miss (some compared to new place):
  • Largish front yard with 2 fruit trees
  • Not having to use a baby monitor because he's so close to every room
  • Able to see what he's doing in the crib right from the living room couch
  • Hearing the rain on our steel overhang.
Things I won't miss:
  • Carpet that has an oily texture with stink on it (before we moved in)
  • Flooring that has random holes where the previous renters' dog dug through or large burn marks
  • Hearing the water drip and leak everytime the upstairs neighbors took a shower or bath
  • From said leaks, having water drip or pour through various holes in ceiling.  Thus far has been the access panel, smoke detector, and pretty sure our living room light shorted out from it too.  Usually it has been small to medium drips.  One time though it soaked a beach towel and filled an inch of a stockpot.  The landlord does know about this FYI.
  • From said leaks thinking about the mold that would be in this place
  • The musty and moldy smell...remediated pretty well with our volcano rocks
  • Having neighbors above and hearing everywhere they walk, them oddly watching us, 2 chihuahua dogs, being able to hear certain family members pee, and the list could go on for a little while.  They are nice though.
  • Not being able to fully reach my hands up (low ceilings)
  • Being in a basement overall
Things I'm looking forward to:
  • 1.5 more bathrooms, 1 is fine with 2 people but inconvenient with guests
  • A spare bedroom that will be Kyle's study for when he goes to school
  • A garage
  • Ceiling Fans
  • Sunnier with Large open feeling
  • and best of all Air Conditioning!!!
I do realize that the new place probably won't be perfect either.  There may be crazier neighbors, things might break too, or just not as good as it seems. But I am looking forward to it.  I'll be most looking forward to when we buy a house, but that won't be until after Kyle's school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow