July 7, 2011

Oh Deer

This fourth of July we again spent it with my family in Duck Creek.  We even opted to make this a longer holiday weekend than normal.  We didn't do anything outdoorsy really.  Playing games and just being surrounded by woods was fun.  
Dad getting some consulting

We spotted deer in the lot next to ours nearly every day.  Of course there were chipmunk and squirrels galore.  They're cute but not as funny since there is no Ty (my family's previous pet) to get all hysterical about them.  Kyle can't wait until he can show Dexter the art of trapping the chippers as well.  Kyle and I thought we would take Dak on a walk around the cabin's subdivision.  We should have skipped this.  I forgot how steep some of the hills were, high altitude, and pushing a stroller made it more strenuous than normal.

I did show Kyle and Dak the actual Duck Creek and pond.  It was gorgeous.  Because of all the snow (some places still had some), all the lakes and streams are full.  Not flooding, but full and that makes for lots of green grass and rapids in the water.
Kyle & Dak's first time at the creek

Family picture

The car ride up and back were fine.  He's at least a great traveller.  It was nice to have family who were willing to hold Dak so we could get breaks, and they enjoyed just playing with him when he was happy.

On our way home we stopped off at the Provo Hansens.  We love having them close by.  So that was our weekend.  Relaxing, playing games, taking care of the baby, and enjoying nature and family.

I've almost finished one of my projects.  I had bought a 4 dollar end table thing from DI.  It was this ugly green thing with a bad black glaze job.  Can't remember if I've mentioned it before.  My goal was to strip of the paint and get it ready for when I choose to paint/stain it.  I haven't figured out which room gets it, so therefore I don't want to paint it quite yet.  Anyways, this tiny little table has been time consuming.
About to start round 2.  All you see sanded took me 4 hours by hand.  I love power sanders.
About to start round 3, which finished it.

I thought I could hand sand it...nope.  So far I've had to get 2 sanders.  A regular orbital and then a detail one to get in those corners.  The paint was on there heavily.  I should have used one of those scraper things first.  Well I've at least learned a lot, and had fun doing it.  Now onto bigger projects.
Just a random cute picture.  Also captures the single fleck of brown in his eye.  It's at the  left (from this point of view) on the top.
Excited for the changes coming up in the next months.  First is that we plan to move.  Still waiting for a place to open up in the communities we're thinking of.  No waiting list...just first come first serve type thing.  Then in August Kyle goes back to grad school....but he won't have to go to work.  It'll be a weird, but wonderful adjustment.  I'll just have to learn to leave him alone so he can get all the work done.  He'll have 12 credits.  Full load is 6 at grad level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow