July 20, 2011

Moving On

So I did it.  With a bit of help from Kyle I managed to get the whole house packed up.  Definitely not as organized as the last move, and many things were eventually just thrown into boxes.  It was a busy week, with a few late nights.  Some caused by packing, others by Dexter.  Kyle took off Friday so that some of the things could be finished.  We chilled at the new place in the morning waiting for the gas guy.  We also did the inspection while there.
So do you want to see the new place?
The entry...upstairs to the right, living room through the hallway

The great room...living room and part of dining

The kitchen, 1/2 bath and garage

Upstairs hallway...laundry in those doors on the left, Dak's bathroom, linen closet

Our bedroom with sweet closet space...

....and it's own bathroom!
I had pictures of the other two bedrooms...but they weren't exciting to look at.  They are nice though.  Lots of closet space in them too.  With all these closets and space, what am I going to do?

Well Saturday morning came.  A few people showed up to help out.  I walked over to the new place.  I and Dex were no help and didn't want to be in the way.  This way the stuff unloaded also had a person directing it where to go.  They worked hard all morning.  I would help unload if Dexter was asleep.  While they were gone I occupied myself with napping, or taking pictures of him.
His new favorite thing to suck/drool on

We were so helpful
It took quite a few hours of just going back and forth, but they got most the stuff before they had to leave us.  After a short rest and some food...pizza pizza, we went back to the basement.  Picked up the last minute stuff, and vacuumed it while waiting for a friend's car to come to haul the last stuff...which was a little too big to fit into ours.  We then again crashed and rested.  Then hurried over to my aunt and uncle's house for a family game night.  There were more people than normal, and we played different games too.  Aunt Linda fed us some delicious tacos...learned new tricks to make them good.  Also, Uncle Phil stole Dexter while we played.  A few times we forgot the two of them were even there.

We played til it was late.  Then we trekked home and mustered some last energy.  We still didn't have our bed nor Dex's set up...so we quickly did that and crashed.  Kyle slept pretty good that night, I still had the normal wakeups with Dex.  Although, he was less fussier and only woke up twice.  Hopefully that'll continue, and improve.  Well our house Sunday morning now looked like this:
The study/guest room with boxes all in it

Dresser blocking doorways, bed in the middle of the room, boxes everywhere...very dangerous for me in mid-nite feedings
Sunday church went well.  Definitely getting used to missing parts of Sunday School to feed or calm Dex down.  After church a friend invited us over for dinner since she knew we wouldn't really have anything.  And she was right...we hadn't even found a bowl or spoon yet.  Much less cooking pots and pans.  It was fun hanging out with other people.  I'll have to start inviting people over for dinners again, it reminded me how good food and conversation is.  After getting home we also had our weekly chat with the Las Vegas Hansens.  Dex was smiling the whole time.  It helps that I do ridiculous faces so he smile and gurgles for them.
Talking with the grandparents and Tyler, and Audrey

Well the rest of the time this week has been unpacking, unpacking, finding new places to store stuff, putting stuff away and cleaning.  We also got new washer and dryers.  All our previous places have already had them.  So we got a nice set that'll hopefully last us forever.  I'm excited about them!  Wow, I'm growing up cause I'm excited about appliances again.

I'm also loving the quietness...so quiet.  Love the brightness of the place.  Love the a/c and ceiling fans.  Love a garage.  Not a fan of stairs, but I'll get a workout going up and down them.  So far...so awesome!

Well off to unpack some more...it feels like I'll be unpacking and organizing forever.

2 comments:

  1. Nice house layout! Congrats on the move. Hey.. I can fit in this house! Sweet - next time I venture up yonder I will not have to duck to go in your kitchen, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true...and you could even stretch your hands up and not touch too. Not a cave anymore that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow