August 24, 2011

I Hear the Train A Comin'

There was a long drive on Thursday.  But when we got home we had a visitor!  Trevor (Kyle's brother) had been staying at our house since Sunday.  He was doing some PT observations at the VA hospital near U of U.  It was still a drive from our place, but used it to avoid the construction in Utah county.

Friday Kyle had his first graduate school thing.  It was a mandatory orientation.  So he was gone all day at his new school.  That evening we just rented a movie and watched the Adjustment Bureau.  It was a different kind of chick flick...but from the previews wouldn't have known it was one.
Uncle Trevor playing with Dexter
Saturday was filled with trying to clean/pick up the house.  Get errands run and get ready for the night.  We were hosting the cousin game night this time.  Kyle's birthday was the next day so we had a meal chosen by him, and invited my cousin Mariah to come over early and eat it with us.  I actually didn't finish getting it all ready before the time of the game night was to start...but it ended up only being Mariah, Kyle, Dak, Trevor, and I so that was fine.  We played some YamSlam, Scrabble Slam, and Monopoly Deal. We even partied with some fruit, lemon lime cake and strawberry ice cream.
The boys trying to figure out a strategy to YamSlam
Mariah holding Dexter
Strawberry Fro-yo and lemon-lime jello cake
He hasn't learned his skills to bluff yet, we'll have to work on that

Over the weekend I also developed an earache.  Don't know if swimming when in Vegas caused it, but I didn't like it.  It hurt at night, but usually was just that achey/can't hear/constantly plugged/popping feeling.  It made playing with and taking care of Dexter a little hard.  I was happy Kyle was there to help out so much.  Because earache + Dexter squeals = really irritable and huge headaches.  Below is a video of some of his squealing.  This pretty much goes on all day randomly and as loud as he can.



Sunday morning backyard visitor...Bambi's Mom
As mentioned before, Sunday was Kyle's birthday.  I got him a headset to use for watching shows and playing games on his computer.  The computer he uses is in the bedroom next to Dexter which poses a problem sometimes.  He also got a candy bar, and the oreo fudge cremes in mint and peanut butter.  He loves these, and with the new diet I don't like to buy snacks like that. But I thought I'd let him get it cause it was his birthday.  He does know that once their gone...no more though.
Enjoying the new soft book, he does like books
Monday...Kyle got to stay home with me.  This was nice cause he helped take Dexter to his 4 month checkup and then run errands...all while carrying that heavy baby carrier.  It's heavy but an easy way to haul them around stores.  The trick is to find a cart that vibrates, but isn't squeaky.  Puts him right out when shopping.  So Dexter's stats are:
Weight: 14 lbs 4 oz - 34% ....he's a lightweight
Height: 25 inches - 51% ....just above average
Head: 16.25" - 23%
He also passed almost all the milestones.  The only one he doesn't do quite yet is rocks side to side.  I guess he'd rather just suck his thumb.  Trevor also left us on Monday, we liked having him here but he really wanted to see his wife again.

That night we were watching some phineas and ferb (awesome show!).  Dex was trying to look at the tv and he rolled over.   He did it of course just as I was putting something in the kitchen and looked away.  Kyle got to see it though, but we couldn't get him to repeat it.
Dex and I takin' a nap

Tuesday Kyle started school!!  His classes are only Tuesday and Thursday, so the other days we'll usually get him at home.  It was a pretty normal day, and I tried to take Dex's 4 month pictures.  Dak did roll twice, and I finally got to see one of them.  This means a lot more being careful where we set him and watch him closely.  Taking lots of naps was helpful because Dexter was a little irritable and had a hot forehead (he had shots at the doc's too) but not a fever.
Watching the train pull in
We also went and met Kyle at the train when he came home from school.  It went well.  Already had assignments and a group project.  It will be a busy 3 semesters for him.

The 4 month pictures will be on the other blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow