My training on the LDS.org thing went okay. Powerpoint demonstrations aren't easy to make interesting. But I think they learned at least something.
Friday was Kyle's last day of work for a while. I was going on full speed in the morning. Getting ready, taking care of dex, packing all the bags, cleaning the house, making cookies...it was crazy.
So with a full car we headed down to Vegas. We did make a stop off in Washington to see a friend of Kyle's. It was late when we arrived at my parent's home and we were exhausted.
Saturday after going over the Hansens, the boys took on their normal activity. Video games.
Kyle did take a break for taking Dexter in the pool for his first swim. He loves baths, and will just kick his feet. So we hoped that this would be even more awesome. The verdict...nope! He screamed his head off. But it was still cute and fun to do.
I spent my day making new decorated Sunday onesies for Dak. He's grown out of his 0-3 onesies. The one that took the most time...was so worth it. I love it. I have a few others coming eventually, along with pictures.
| Being patient while I was getting ready, and to show that you get some funny shots before the posed smile ones |
So with a full car we headed down to Vegas. We did make a stop off in Washington to see a friend of Kyle's. It was late when we arrived at my parent's home and we were exhausted.
| See...exhausted |
| Newest idea...add another TV to play GoldenEye with 2 people here and with Trevor in Provo |
Kyle did take a break for taking Dexter in the pool for his first swim. He loves baths, and will just kick his feet. So we hoped that this would be even more awesome. The verdict...nope! He screamed his head off. But it was still cute and fun to do.
| First cannonball of the summer |
| First dip |
| Telling us how he felt |
| Don't know why I have that face |
| Showing him how to float...and Audrey had Onyx as her kid |
| Nub Nub and Dexter |
| The classic kid on Dad's shoulders routine |
| Looks like it was torturous |
Mama Hansen loved spending time with her favorite grandchild. And I let her spend as much time with him as she wanted.
It happened that Brent, my cousin, was giving his homecoming talk the same Sunday we were in town. Again, the foyer was my home. My mom did take him out for a little while too. He was tired so he finally crashed right as my cousin spoke, but I didn't dare pick him up to take him back in. Afterwards it was fun saying hi to everyone there. Cousins, friends, and many other relatives. In the afternoon we did head back over to the Hansens'. Did a typical lazy sunday, but oh man later that night discovered a game called....HUGGERMUGGER! I don't think the game is supposed to be funny, but we must have all been tired and of course crazy. We were laughing and having some ridiculous fun with it.
| What's everyone looking at? Dexter. He's in there somewhere. |
| Playing with him before bed. |
| Sleeping at bedtime with Dexter |
| Again |
| ...and again. Their favorite thing to do after a long day. |
| Serious about the game starting |
Since most of Kyle's family works during the day, and my mom was at education week and my dad working. We were left to chill however we wanted during these times. We always slept in. This evening was going to be a party, so I went shopping with Mama Hansen to Costco. Picked up some, but not all of the items. When we got home we started prepping and making the food for the party. The party was just a small get together of our closest friends. Two were my roommates, two were my high school friends, one was Kyle's high school friend, one was a previous neighbor, and then college/starcraft buddies and friends. We did the bbq and pool party.
| Kyle's high school friend Mike and his baby Mason...Mason 8 weeks, Dexter 16 weeks. |
| They somewhat talked to each other |
| Jacob and Wendy...it was fun I promise |
| Let the pool party begin! |
| The Blazzards |
Usually on trips they're short so its hard to visit too many people. This time thought we did take a whole afternoon to stop by a few people's houses. First up was Kyle's friend Zack. We were here for quite a bit, it was fun.
Next up we drove to my grandma's house. I like to visit with her, and she loves to see us and her great grandchild. It's crazy, but I'm one in twenty-four grandchildren. And Dexter is one in sixty-six great-grandkids. I'm pretty sure those are the right numbers, but I could be off by one or two. She even keeps good track of most of us. It was time to leave grandma and head over to the only other girl in most of my college major classes...Ms. Nancy Mayorga. Due to only having each other in the classes, and sometimes not even that we became good friends. I dropped off two textbooks (cause I'm definitely not using them) and we chatted. She even was able to put Dexter into a nap. After a long and exhausting afternoon we went back to, and Kyle played some video games with his brothers.
| Zach, Olivia holding Dexter, and Boris |
| All the excitement and attention...he got exhausted quickly |
We had been wanting to visit a certain place for a while, but on trips never got around to it. It'll always have a spot in my heart cause I worked on the project for over a year, but it's City Center. After I had gotten laid off there, I never got to see the final product. So we drove over to the strip (Dak's first time), strapped Dexter in our little carrier, and started walking around. We checked out the Bellagio, took a tram to Crystals, walked around Crystals, Cosmopolitan, and Aria, then took a tram back. Hardly any outside walking for us...score! Dexter loved looking around and chewing on dad's fingers. People would stare at our little guy or smile at him. It was fun to point out where I remembered things while it was being constructed. I had walked what seemed like everywhere while working for Perini on it.
| Waiting for the Tram to Crystals, Vdara right behind us. We didn't get to see the Death Ray from the Tram though. |
| The Harmon...to be torn down soon. I actually went in it while it was being built...that is before they deemed it unsafe-ish. |
| Looking cool as we wait to go back |
| Classic elevator and tourists in mirror picture |
| Enjoying the Bellagio's Atrium |
We also were looking forward to this day because Mama Hansen had promised to watch our little guy so we could go on a date! I guess their our early birthday gifts, but I'll take them any way they'll come. Lunch was our first stop, but Gardunos at the Fiesta was closed...so we did the best thing and went to Macayo's!!! Love that place. Since we have not seen a single movie in the theaters this summer, or in a while, we saw Captain America. I loved it. There's so many we have to catch up on. After the movie we went and got some fro-yo from Golden Spoon. All this time Mama Hansen was just enjoying time with Dexter, and he was being good for her. We did the date in the afternoon so by the time people got home from work we'd be able to spend the last time with them.
We got home and then hopped in the pool...and with Dexter again. This time it was a different reaction. Not happy, and not sad or crying. And he finally kicked his feet while in it. Mama Hansen held and cuddled with him when he got cold and tired. He smiled after getting out of the pool. After the night swimming I cooked some egg rolls for dinner...at 10 at night. It was sad to say goodbye, but our trip had ended.
We drove back all day yesterday. The driving can seem so long. I get squished in the back too with not a lot of moving space. I dream of the one day that we'll get a bigger and awesome car.
| Wish people could see him the moment right after he wakes up and eat. These smiles just flow right out. |
We got home and then hopped in the pool...and with Dexter again. This time it was a different reaction. Not happy, and not sad or crying. And he finally kicked his feet while in it. Mama Hansen held and cuddled with him when he got cold and tired. He smiled after getting out of the pool. After the night swimming I cooked some egg rolls for dinner...at 10 at night. It was sad to say goodbye, but our trip had ended.
| Stopped off to say hi to Aunt Melynn |
No comments:
Post a Comment