Today was one of the rougher days I've had in a while. I knew when he was already screaming and just not happy after only being up for 15 minutes that it was going to be a long one. My ears still have some ringing from all the high and loud falsettos. I hope our neighbors really can't hear, like they say.
 |
| Thoughtful pose |
Well since the trip, but not on the trip, Dexter went to waking up in the night. I was enjoying the sleeping through. So far its once or twice, and no pacifier would calm him. He wanted to eat. This is a lot harder on me then before he was doing this because he's changing his nap and sleeping habits. Its been a little frustrating because he'll be up for like 1.5 hours then get super cranky. Finally takes a nap...for 20-30 minutes. Then wakes up bright eyed, but gets cranky again fast and stays awake for 2 hours. Finally takes a nap, maybe gets it to be 45 minutes. Maybe. How do moms with more than one kid get any of that extra sleep thats needed? Oy. With him I can at least try and take a small one when he takes his short ones too, but I still feel exhausted.
 |
| Happy Dad's carrying him...and drooling all over his shoulder too |
School is going well for Kyle. He only goes to campus on Tuesday and Thursdays. I take little Dex on a walk to go pick Kyle up from the train every time so far. I love the trains. I even love living so close to them hearing the horn, feeling the rumble (especially when you're upstairs), and seeing them speed by out our windows. The rest of the days though Kyle's been keeping busy doing lots of homework. He didn't even get to go one day of school without being assigned projects. And with 4 grad classes he's putting in 40+ hours a week now. It's kind of nice to have someone to talk to every now and then through the day, but then again when he's home even after "work hours" he's doing homework and projects. This is only week 2...I have a feeling he'll be a hermit soon.
 |
| His newest Sunday onesie I made |
Friday morning I accidentally tortured us all. We've both have decided to be healthier so I thought it'd be fun to get outdoors a little and even jog. It'll be a slow process to actually get to jogging as I was never good at it and am COMPLETELY out of shape. We went down a trail between the industrial park. It goes next to canals, and trees, at other parts. This was just the closest one. It turned out to be a 4+ mile walk, in 90+ degrees, with no shade. Yeah. It stunk...royally.
 |
| So many toys to have fun with |
We also both chose a movie to watch for our date nights...and they ended up both being really weird ones. Hopefully our next choices will be better. On base was showing the movie Thor. We were super stoked because of everyone talking it up. We were even going to go with Dexter because it's free and informal. When we got there...it was cancelled. Instead we checked out books from the library. I cruised through 3 in 3 days. Dexter for a few days was loving being read to. One night he even fell asleep on my lap reading a story about pirates. That was such a precious moment. I wish Kyle could have taken a picture...but he was upstairs doing homework.
Oh for my birthday I mainly got money cause I am kind of hard to shop for. So with some of it I purchased a gluten free cookbook. I want to start eating some good tasting stuff...that doesn't cost too much. But I also got me some green courdory Toms shoes. They're so comfortable and awesome.
 |
| They're more green and cuter in person. |
Hopefully he'll start sleeping through the night again and get on a better nap schedule. And even on those rough days, there are definitely times when he has some cute moments. As for me...there are so many projects that are going through my head. Things to make for Dexter. Things to organize my kitchen. Things to make for my living room. Then I read about or see new projects and my mind goes crazy. To bad I don't have all the time and money in the world. My house would look awesome. Anyways, I hope to finish a few projects soon though.
 |
| I bought these fabrics...plan to make some changes to my living room with some of them |
Every mom has those days so hang in there! I don't know what your philosophy on letting him cry it out is (everyone feels very different) but I use a flexible version of the book Babywise to put my kids on a schedule. If you buckle down for a week that should be all it takes. It makes for a long, hard week though.
ReplyDeleteHaving a husband in school is hard even when you don't have kids. Add kids and multiply it by 100! I try to keep my eye on the prize but that's easier said than done.
Sounds like we are doing a lot of the same things right now. If you ever want to talk give me a call or shoot me an email :)
Well the past couple nights he's slept pretty much through! Hurray! I have let him cry it out in certain situations. I've read about the babywise and I read the baby whisperer. From those I try to figure something out that works for us.
ReplyDeleteAs for going to school. When were both were in it, it wasn't bad. I'm just glad he doesn't actually have to work while going to school. That'd be a whole lot harder on me.
I love love love that fabric! I wish I were as crafty as you! Oh, and if you plan on having more kids, kiss sleep good bye. :) Sometimes they nap at the same time, which is HEAVEN...I always have to fight with myself about whether I'll take a nap or do something productive, like clean... Nap usually wins. But it happens very seldomly that they nap together. :(
ReplyDelete