January 4, 2012

Auld Lang Syne

Happy New Year!  This week has been awesome.  Well, besides having a sick baby and husband, and still remnants of sickness yourself.  Even with those it's been a great week, and I wonder why can't Kyle just stay home every day.  
Aunt Audrey came to visit and played with Dexter a bunch.
This week has consisted of many, many naps.  This cold thing zapped our energy, but somehow not Dak's.  Everytime it was Dak's naptime...we took one too.  Dak was a little bit more cuddly every now and then.  I loved it when he wasn't squirmy.
The face during his first times eating "puffs."
Poor guy though, he had it the worst.  Probably cause he can't blow his nose, so he gets all snotty and coughy.  He seems to be doing a little better, but did have him stay home from church.  Didn't want to pass on the cold and have other families starting their New Year off on a fun foot.  We've been using aromatherapy and a nasal rinse.  He fights the nasal rinse thing, but immediately afterwards is smiley and happy to breathe again.

In between these many naps we've cleaned up a little here and there.  Took walks on "warm" days.  Ran errands which is easier when I don't have to take Dexter with me, or I get assistance with Kyle carrying him.  We went shopping for Kyle's clothes.  He goes through pants so fast...and I even try to patch them.  Played a ton with Dexter.  Talk a bunch with Kyle.  Watch movies.  Fun fun.
Exercising with Dad
Yeah...it's been awesome.  I don't want Monday to come and he has to go back to school.  I still have a few days and I'm taking advantage of them.  And at least the first half of the semester is usually a lot better than the last half.  The last half is when he disappears.
Enjoyed the slide
With the new year comes resolutions.  We've made some as a family and individually.  They're mainly get in shape.  Financially and physically.  We'll try and keep up the calorie counting (which stopped during holidays) and workout.  Then we're also trying the cash budget system for the categories I always go over.
Going down all by himself.
Oh it was also our anniversary on the 2nd.  Three years!  We celebrated by shopping for clothes for...Kyle.  And going to get NY style pizza and watching HP 7 part 2.  Easy and simple like we like things.
Liked playing at the park, but sad it didn't have swings.
Oh Dak has learned a new trick.  If he's sitting next to the couch he'll pull himself up.  Found this out when I was sitting there, he was playing.  Suddenly he's smacking my legs and I notice he's standing.  He doesn't crawl or sit himself up yet, but he'll pull himself up and really quick too.  His onesies are also getting super dirty on the left side of his stomach because of how he drags around.
Sliding down with Dad.
We also are debating if he's found his first word.  He's saying "ma."  Sometimes he seems to do it in reference it to me.  He'll say it and look/reach/come towards me and just say mama, and you see real intention behind it.  Other times he'll just be doing whatever and just say mamamamamamama.  So who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow