March 8, 2012

Spring Fever

Saturday Kyle surprised me with actually suggesting a date.  It was to go to an arcade.  We decided to go to the Nickelcade in Riverdale.  For under $10 we got 2.5 hours of playing skee-ball, wack a crocodile, TMNT arcade game, jackpot games, and a bunch more.  It was pretty fun.  Dexter sat in a carrier on us.  He liked wack a crocodile best because he tried to even help us out.  We let him ride on one of the motorized kid rides.  His reaction....why am I sitting here.  He wasn't impressed with it, but he didn't hate it.  With our tickets we got to buy some Reese's cup and 4 Tootie Frooties.  Big winners!

We chose the Batmobile for him to try.

Pooped out from so much arcade playing
Monday was AMAZING!  For the first time for what feels like forever we got up to 55+ degrees.  It was a beautiful SPRING day!  I so took advantage of this day.
Dexter and I had a picnic out back.  We played on a blanket, watched the trains through our hole in the fence.  Sidenote: everytime there is any high wind the panel right behind our house gets knocked out.  I think this is like the 3rd or 4th time.
Picnic time!

Really bright and warm outside.

Our fence to watch the trains.

Later that evening we all went to the park.  It was a fair bit cooler by then, but still nice.  We took Dexter's 10 month pictures.  Then played on the slides.  Such fun.  I love my little family.





Then guess what?  The next night it snowed...4"!  Hopefully it'll warm up this coming week because it's Kyle's Spring Break!!  He'll be doing a lot of homework and still going to school.  By the end of the week we're hoping he can spend a day or two with us.  And if it's warm the possibilities of what to do are endless.
Playing in the toy box.

In a cardboard box going through the cardboard box tunnel.

Dexter's been a little busy boy.  He also has been becoming more accident prone.  At church on Sunday the pews weren't his friends, and he got a few bumps from them.  Then he's been diving into his toy boxes, and so many other things.  He even managed to smack himself in the face pretty hard, and got a bloody nose from it.  He's taking these things from me I guess.
Diving into the box (cell camera pic)

I also got some time to work on a project.  Fixing up our couch.  This couch has seen a fair amount of years, and some of those being the couch in a college apartment.  So it was saggy, not as supportive, faded, and had many food/soda spills on it.


I finally got tired of it and ordered some things to fix it up.  Foam and a slipcover.  With these two, I worked some magic and got this:
Not perfect....but a whole lot better.

Nap worthy approved...it is super comfy now.

1 comment:

  1. Dexter is so cute!! Isn't it so wonderful to have spring coming and be able to get outside for a while?? :0)

    Awesome work on the couch, that's really impressive!

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow