It is slowly turning fall. Cooler days. So beautiful. But not the huge praying mantis I found on my chair outside. It was as big as my hand. Eugh. I'd take a mantis over a spider or cockroach though.
 |
| The picture doesn't make it look as large as it was. |
Saturday was busy. There was a funeral that I went to help set up and then come back and serve the food. Kyle had to watch Dex while trying to do his homework. He has 3 large homework assignments all due the same day. His time of doing nothing this semester quickly came to an end. We did go on a bike ride again Saturday night for him to take a break.
 |
| Had to take a break for this guy to stretch his legs |
We made it all the way to Kaysville. It was a total of 13.5 miles, and took us about 1.5 hours. We started late so it was pretty dark on the trail back. I was so red faced, jelly legs, and tired by the end. Kyle was nothing. The end we sprinted because there were some very shady people hanging out in the trees, and during the sprint is the only time Kyle sweated a little. Not fair.
 |
| Was attacking the camera. |
We have been keeping busy. Things here and there. Dexter is learning so much and fast. I'll tell him to do stuff, but then I am surprised he understood what I was saying. Now he'll help me with the laundry. Taking things out of the washer and dryer. Kind of picks up his toys. Goes to the fridge now to ask for his milk. He's even expanded his signing with 3 new things this week. It makes it a lot easier trying to ask what he wants sometimes. Although usually it's food and more. The little boy loves to eat snackingly but not meals.
 |
| Clean room to dirty room...just give him 3 minutes. |
I've been really good about being consistent going to the gym. Haven't seen any changes yet, but I am loving going. I tried deep water aerobics. Good class except for 95% of them all being over 70. Only me and someone I convinced to come with me were under 60. It made for many laughs.
 |
| Loves pulling out all the shoes and trying on dad's especially. |
Kyle takes the train every day and it goes well. Last night though Kyle was pretty stressed. He left his wallet on the train. Ahhh. We called customer service and they were able to get someone to find it 2 stops after. Not even disturbed with everything in it. Thank goodness.
 |
| His love for his stuffed animals is so big. He tries to take them everywhere in the house. |
 |
| Loves speaking into fans to hear the voice reverb. |
Aww.. :) Dexter is getting so big!
ReplyDelete