September 6, 2012

Cycling Is Fun

No travelling for this 3-day weekend!  Sometimes it's nice just to enjoy an extra day to a weekend.  It was filled with cleaning our house and the church building.  Monday was the best.  Kyle helped someone in the ward move boxes in the morning.
Loved Dad doing these blanket rides.  Kept hopping on blankets to tell us more...and very good at signing please to make it happen.

Then though we ran some errands and I got a new mode of transportation.  A new..........bike!  It is a pretty cheap one, but it's not bad.  I was tired of using Kyle's that didn't fit me well, and it's gears would jump.  Now I can do something while Kyle has the car at work.  Walking in the stroller is fine for the short trips like doing some visiting teaching, walking around or shopping at the grocery store.  Now I can get to some of the other people's houses and our church building quicker than walking a bunch.  Just hitch up the trailer, put Dexter in, and off I go.

Well as a test run to the bike we had our first family bike outing.  It was really nice on the bike trail.  The trail is an old rail line they converted.  You have to stop at many road crossings.  Other than the long section closest to us that is all ugly, smelly industrial buildings...you see lots of farms and even wildlife.  Seven deer and my first fox!  I was shocked to see it so close.  We'll definitely be doing those.  Although with not being used to that bike seat the 9 miles we did made my bum sore the next day.  Dak also hated the last half of the trip and was crying a storm.  I could hear it while I was falling behind Kyle.
About to start our bicycle ride.  My bike's on the ground in the left corner.  Dak's in the trailer with his new helmet.

Anyways....so yeah cleaning and bikes.  A great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow