So the nice spring has reverted to almost winter. We've had a few snowy days, and many cold ones. This means occupying ourselves with inside play again. But I'm getting to be a pro at that.
 |
| Daddy teaching Dak how to fly a paper airplane |
 |
| Loves to fly them |
 |
| We like to color, especially on whatever mom was working on |
He's also very helpful with some chores and learned to bake banana bread with me. PS we made it gluten free with almond flour and it was delicious. A lot denser and sweeter, but still delicious.
 |
| Pouring in the lemon juice |
Cars are like his favorite thing. See that yellow shirt. I think it's hideous...however, the face he gets when he sees it is so stinkin' cute I can't get rid of it. Plus him going "vrooom, vrooom, car, car, vroom vroom" whenever he remembers he's wearing it is also cute.
 |
| We happened to turn on the TV and see the start of a NASCAR race. He actually really liked it, for the first 5 laps of the 345. |
He is getting really good at his uppercase alphabet. Dak will identify almost all the letters very quickly. There's some tricky ones like I/T, U/V, and W but with some thinking he'll get it. You'll just randomly hear him call out letters as he walks around the house, grocery shopping or driving. Now to let him know that there's a whole other set of the alphabet to learn.
Along with saying the alphabet he's trying to repeat a lot more of the words Kyle and I say. Quite a few times though once he thinks he's pronouncing it correctly it stays, even though it's no where close. I always remember this one section of friends as I try to help him with his pronunciation and phonics.
He'll get the syllables right, but then together is way off. It cracks me up.
Oh...so in 2 days he turns 2!!! Craziness.
He's so much bigger than when we got to see him last year!! It's so fun all the things kids learn, and I'm very impressed he already knows so many letters!! That's very cool. :0)
ReplyDelete