April 2, 2013

My oh, Milo

Well I left last time with saying we visited the newest Hansen family member, Milo!
Kyle's family had also driven up from Vegas to visit the little guy.
On Saturday we all had fun holding the little scrunched ball that Milo was, in between all his feedings of course.
Nub Nub loved holding her new little Milo

Then we all went and ate at a pizza buffet.  Both kids were great, of course Nub Nub was watching them and they love her.
Pizza buffet!
We even stayed the night so we could be with everyone the next day.  Uncle Dan and Aunt B were nice enough to let us stay the night while they had other guests too.
The other guests had a sweet dog that even walked Dexter around
It was a great weekend to spend time with everyone.  Dexter ignored Milo the first day.  By the second day he would say Milo, and we got him to show some love to the little guy.  It gives me hope that in 19 weeks (or less) Dexter will like his new sibling.

PaPa was awesome to play cars with Dak
Kissing the baby
Nub Nub with her two favorite grandchildren
Well on Wednesday we got to have a long ultrasound at the doctor's.  They do it to check out how well things are going on with the baby and in there.  Seeing the little one wiggle for 20 minutes was awesome.  And we also got to find out what gender it is.
I'ts a girl!!!
Dexter thought it was fun to see "picture" "baby" "sister." He's picking up those words pretty quick.
We're excited.  Although the thought of dresses and headbands, and all that pink stuff is a bit overwhelming for me.

Kyle took Friday off and we had fun going to the park.  We fed ducks, played soccer and climbed all over the jungle gym.
Soccer time

Dad's fun to slide to

He loved this bar.  Just the right height to grab and then just hang.
Saturday we participated in the Clearfield City's Easter Egg hunt.  We did it last year with Dex getting very little eggs.  This year he picked up a few more all by himself.  
Ready for it to start

Searching for any last ones.
In the afternoon I got to go with my young women to the Conference Center to hear the YW General Broadcast.  It was a great experience, and to see all the speakers in person.

Sunday we invited Melynn and Mariah over for Easter dinner.  We ate a scrumptious feast, and then they helped me with giving Dexter a little easter egg hunt.
Aunt Melynn helping him continue on.  He would have preferred to sit down and eat the candy in the egg before finding the next one.

Grabbing the eggs

And we even got a new toy car! 
We played some games, and then everyone said goodnight.
Loves Aunt Min

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your baby GIRL!!!! Girls are a ton of fun, but I can relate to what you wrote about being nervous for the onslaught of pink and bows and all that goes with baby girls. I made a point of finding a bumper set that had no pink in it for my little girl, and I will admit that there are times when I really wonder why I have to do her hair for church and everything else (it doesn't help that I can barely do anything with my OWN hair!)... But still, little girls sure are sweet! And little boys with their little sisters are super cute, too!!!

    Also, not that you had any say in this, but I think it's best to have a boy and then a girl, because there are lots of boy clothes that a little girl can wear, but it NEVER is true that there are girl clothes you can put on a boy. They are always obviously girly. So you can totally work the hand-me-downs in the best way this way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too into pink, but I just finished a purple blanket and it made me excited for the little girl and girly stuff. Leanne and some of the aunts will make sure pink is covered.

    It's true what you said about the hand-me-downs working better, and many of Dex's blankets and stuff were already gender neutral. We were excited for the girl because both Kyle and I families have a boy first and then a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting that you guys are having a girl - congratulations!!! And congratulations to Trevor and Danielle on their first, that's so fun!! I wish we lived closer so we could actually visit all of you more often! :0)

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow