July 29, 2013

Our House - Tree House

Well the time has come for Kyle's furlough days.  It is a little nice to have a 3 day weekend each week.  However, we haven't had a paycheck yet to tell us of the bummer of it too.

With these 3 day weekends we've also been busy.  Lots to get ready for.  A little baby joining us and buying a house.  Kyle also got to go help out with girl's camp for a day.  Which as he says was enough for him.

My mom drove up on Thursday to come help me out for 1.5 weeks.

House:
 On Friday we dropped my mom and Dex at the local kid's museum while we went to put an offer in.  By Monday evening we had an accepted offer.  WOO HOO!  By that Friday we already had the house inspection too, which passed.  Now to get it appraised and all the other random stuff. 
  I am excited to get a house.  But I think with the stress of the baby and having to move around 2-3 weeks after it comes is a little overwhelming.  My planning mind hasn't even tried to repaint, decorate or just figure out what furniture goes.  It's stuck on planning on the baby first.



Baby:
Little Eleanor's due date is only 12 days away!!!  And I'm ready for it.  Well ready to not be prego anymore, but not ready to handle a newborn.  At the last two appointments the little girl is in position.  So no having to worry about last minute stuff with her in regards to that, unlike Dex.  Dexter pats and kisses my belly lots now.  Probably cause it's a lot bigger.  I am proud of myself in that my weight has been really good this whole time.  I've only gained 15 lbs (with the baby measuring in at 7 lbs. 4 oz. already).  With Dex I think I got up to 25 lbs.

I get tired out by...9 am.  So not much is done around.  Keeping up with Dex is enough.  I do feel bad that he's not getting a lot of fun or attention but it's just hard.
12 Days left!

Other:
My mom came up to help out.  She did a lot of deep cleaning.  Like my oven...is sparkling.  And on furlough days Kyle and I were able to focus on sorting through stuff and packing it, while she watched Dexter for us.

She took him to the kid's museum - "The Treehouse" and he loved it there.  She got him a yearly pass so when she comes up again they'll be able to go whenever they want.  Plus in the winter it's a two story building with stuff to run around and do inside, and I'll be using it all the time.

How he runs around a lot during the day.  I'm too lazy to get him dressed, unless we go out.
We celebrated my birthday a little early by her taking Dex and I out to lunch at Zupa's.  We (except for Kyle) did all get sick.  So that's been a bummer.

My birthday was yesterday.  I spent it by cuddling on the couch with my other sickie and watching Cars.  Then Kyle gave me a waffle iron for my present, and he made us some awesome waffles for dinner.  I just took the day to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow