I feel like this week a lot has been accomplished in improvements. The first one is that I've been able to finish some projects. Ellie is finally on a schedule. Some mornings during her nap I can get a few things done, and then the afternoon they usually are both down together.
For a Young Women's activity we were doing furniture restoration at my house. This made me gather up all the many projects I had, and get them ready. Only my chalkboard got finished at the activity, but since the other project was practically ready I finished it as well.
 |
| Drawers out, hardware off, cleaned up...ready for the restoring |
I bought the dresser 3 years ago. It was old, and really scratched up.
 |
| All done! |
It only took an hour or two for it to look good again.
 |
| Top looks way better |
The top didn't become perfect, but it was WAY worse looking than this.
 |
| No scratches on the front, and all nice a shiny wood |
All the scratches in the front are not noticeable.
The one chore that is constantly being worked on now that we are homeowners, are those wonderful home improvements. This weekend's project was staining/sealing the deck.
 |
| Dry, beat up wood |
 |
| Chocolaty brown beauty |
Kyle also had the lovely job of mowing the lawn. He has a stay-cation coming up and we plan on doing a lot of awesome home improvements then.
A really big improvement for us has been working on our health. We started on January 6th. Kyle is doing a program called Take Shape For Life (TSFL), and I am making healthy habits. It hasn't been easy, but I've loved the changes in all of us.
Whitney - I eat 3-5 vegetables a day, lost some weight, and feel healthier
Kyle - lost 40 lbs., a lot less snoring, and feeling good!
And of course we're always trying to improve ourselves.
 |
| She watched me staining away |
 |
| Loved trying to touch my hand |
 |
| Licked the window a bunch too |
While I was occupied is of course when the kids get into trouble. One of those moments this week, I heard a thump with some really loud screaming. Then he has a big gash on his back.
From what I was able to piece out (since 2 year olds aren't good at explaining tales) he had climbed then fallen over the couch, onto his pirate ship. Ouch!
 |
| She gets into everything. |
 |
| More crazy 2 year olds playing |
 |
| Ellie and I enjoying the sunshine |
Love this post! What a poor guy, falling off the couch is never fun. My 9 month old is starting to climb over everything now.
ReplyDeleteiPad Air Giveaway
Makeover With Aspen