I started last week with a doctor's appointment. It was the best urgent care experience. I checked in at the desk, and then by the time I got to the waiting room they were waiting for me. What? No, sitting there for an hour. Then the nurse was really nice and helpful with the two kids. Well I needed to get anti-biotics, so we headed to the Target pharmacy. We walked around for an hour. The kids were definitely done with all of it by then.
 |
| Cutie pie during our stroll around Target |
 |
| He ate it all |
Because they had been great, and were great just wandering Target I let Dex choose a little treat. He loved the chocolate croissant, and I love him for being sweet and sharing with me.
The week was full of cleaning and getting ready for guests. But also it was definitely spring days. Days of warm beautiful sunniness, and other days of snow.
 |
| Fort on a snowy day! |
 |
| Lots of tunnels and room. |
 |
| Spring snow.... |
We've learned how to enjoy our indoor days.
Dexter has been having a lot of playdates with a friend from the ward. His mom is in Young Women's with me, but her daughter is having some big health problems. So every now and then when it's going to be a long appointment, Dex gets a playmate.
They are 2 crazy 2 year olds, and are actually only 2 days apart on birthdays too. Dexter has really enjoyed having his friend come over. When I tell him, he does a little dance around the house.
 |
| Two crazy.... |
 |
| Two year olds |
Ellie is a little muncher. She loves to stuff everything she finds in her face. She can eat cheerios, tiny apple and banana pieces.
 |
| Yumm. Cheerios. |
 |
| Green bean facial |
Tyler and some of his/our friends came up for conference. They drove up Friday night, and when they got settled in we had a nerf battle.
 |
| Round 1 |
Saturday was filled with conference, and them going to the afternoon session. Then Sam and I went shopping at Home Depot during priesthood. Most stores are really crowded with women and children up here, so we figured this shouldn't be very crowded. Plus I had a few things to buy so I could get some projects done. Everyone got a small treat after their time.
 |
| Listening in style |
 |
| Uncle Tyler reading to Dex |
Sunday morning we snuck in another Nerf battle. Then watched the next session, which after our guests left us.
 |
| Nerf battle round 2 (Kyle and Dex) |
 |
| Nerf battle round 2 (Frank, Dex, Sam) |
As I've mentioned I'm trying to eat healthy. One of the days I had a craving for a chocolatey baked good. Since I had some zuchinni in my fridge I found a recipe for Double Chocolate Zuchinni muffins. They were so delicious!
 |
| Devoured the muffin |
 |
| It has zuchinni?? Yum! |
Kyle also has been showing Dex how to play the Star Wars game for Kinect. They are so cute playing together.
 |
| Dancing to "I'm Han Solo." |
 |
| Smooth moves |
Here's other random sillies from the week.
 |
| Squishing Ellie |
 |
| They play cute together (most the time) |
 |
| Trying to get scraps of chocolate muffin from Dex |
 |
| Asked for a special picture to send to the grandparents...CHEESE! |
No comments:
Post a Comment