May 9, 2015

Dexter is 4!

My little boy just turned 4.  I've been calling him my little boy a lot lately, since soon he'll be resigning that title to the newest little boy in just 2 months.  I tell him to stop growing up, and he tells me that he has to.

His stats:
Height: 3' 5.75" - 86%
Weight: 36.4 lbs. - 55%

He was super excited for his birthday to come.  When he would see toys, he would let us know what he'd like for his birthday.  Some of his requests were funny.  Like he wanted a watermelon cake... whatever that is.  Like a good mom, I was able to change his mind so he finally settled on chocolate cupcakes.

Since his birthday ended up on a Sunday, we waited for the festivities until after we got back.

Did our video chat with the Hansen's while he opened his presents.

Unwrapping presents from the Thompson's

He let Ellie help him

Star Wars!
Driving the car around
 I think we all did really good on the presents this year.  He got just a couple from each group.  They were things he loves already and increased his stash, or were things he wanted. 

From Kyle and I he got: Imaginext characters and shark boat... aka his "castle guys"

The Shark Boat attacks!
From the Hansens: Sand and water table, and a large Star Wars Command set
Super fun to play outside


From the Thompsons: RC Morphibian and an interactive Avengers book

We read that book often, and the car is super cool too




From Aunt Melynn: A Nerf blaster

Then it was time for us to sing to him and eat our treat of cupcakes and reese's ice cream




Well we'll try again next year for him blow out the candles until we're done.

Dexter got spotlighted in Primary, and I wanted to write down his cute answers.  Although, I'm sure the teacher helped him fill some of the answers out.

My favorite color is: Green
My favorite Primary song is: Popcorn Popping
My favorite Scripture story is: Jesus
If I could pick anywhere to go on a mission, I would choose to go to: my friend's house
My favorite FHE treat is: Ice Cream
I will choose the right by: doing what my Mom says
I like to serve others by: helping
Tell about a time where you shared the Gospel (or what do you want to do this year to share the Gospel with someone?): In my family home evening
I can be a good example to my friends by: Sharing
I know my Savior loves me by: giving me good parents


No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow