June 8, 2015

Two Projects - done!

Well nothing like the end of a pregnancy to start projects.  The last two weeks have been busy.

First project, was repainting the future nursery.  I really didn't want a pink room for this boy to use.  I originally hoped that Kyle would be able to help out, but he ended up having some oral surgery done at the beginning of the week.  So except for doing some sanding on the ceiling, and then helping me with the final wall coat, I did it all by my 33 week prego self! 

Before: Pink & Cream painted room

Somehow the ceiling had patches of  that were never painted
I chose a beige color, so it can be for any gender or room use in the future.  I was nervous about the color while painting it, but it has turned out great.  It took a few days during mornings and naptimes, and the last coat was a date night.  However, it's done!
After: bright room!

I was exhausted

The color

The kids got a lot of netflix
Then the next day, my parents arrived into town.  They came in to help build a playset.  This was part of the kids' Christmas last year, and for this year too.  We've been collecting bits and pieces over the last year or so.  The labor was done by Kyle and my dad.  I helped with all the painting of the pieces.  My mom watched the kids.  We were all exhausted by the end of the week.


Lots and lots of lumber, and all had to be painted

Putting the frames together

Setting them up

Decking is done

How it is now.  At least they can play on the swings.
Due to material and size changes from the plans that came in the hardware kit...the project took longer.  Hopefully, our changes turn out for the best.  However, it still isn't done.  Kyle and I need to finish up. 

Whew!  I was super exhausted by the end of all these projects.  Here's to kicking my feet up this week.  Yeah right, but I will be taking it easier.

Now here's some random pictures from in between these two weeks.
A cleaned out bedroom means mattress trampolines in the living room

Dad needed a massage

Ellie giving Dexter hugs (Note: the hug was a suggestion from me, not spontaneous love)

But, they really do like each other

We got one game in

34 Weeks!!!

Facial shot
(Looks like he has a nose ring, but its just the umbilical cord)

Working on their music skills before church

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow