July 21, 2015

Beginning of July

We had bought some fireworks, but didn't get a chance until after to light them off.  It became our Family Home Evening activity.  Kyle bought some fun aerial ones (since they're legal here) and then the basics as well.   
Neighbor kids joined in watching them with us

Lighting it off

Ellie joined me on my lap to watch
 The time for Flynn to come was quickly arriving.  I still had one last appointment with my doctor.  Flynn cooperated a little better with the 3D ultrasounds, and the readings came out the same of still just 8 lbs.  Whew.
Ahhh feeling huge.  Only a few days left.

Cute chubby cheeks and pouty lips at his last appointment.
I am super grateful for my kids.  They play well (most the time) together, and also independently from me.  I do try to play with them as often as I can, but when I'm not able to they do so amazing.  I love to see and hear how their little imaginations work.  It's so cute. 
They've taken up wrestling
 I had heard a quote one time, I think from a general authority.  It said that boredom is okay for little kids, as it helps them be creative.  As I see so, SO many moms on the internet doing cute, planned activities with their kids, this quote comes to my mind.  It helps me feel okay with the things I do instead.
Playing by themselves

Snuggle and nap time!
 As a family we went to 7-11 on July 11th (7/11) for free slurpees!  It was yummy of course.
He chose cherry limemade

Using my belly as a table
 Ellie on a random weeknight had a fever, and had it throughout the next day.  I kept an eye on her and used medicine to keep the fever under control.  Kids who have a febrile seizure have a high chance for them to happen again, and I didn't want that. She had no other symptoms, just a fever. 

Then a few nights later, Dexter wakes up in the middle of the night puking.  Since it also woke Ellie up, we all went to the living room and watched cartoons while everything got washed.  Dexter also had a fever, and besides the puking, no other symptoms.
Middle of the night cartoon watching party

Partied too hard, and slept in really late.  Everyone here is snuggling with me somehow

He said he didn't need a nap, then he was like this

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow