ME!
On Monday I received a call from the director of Construction Management for UNLV saying I was selected as the Outstanding Construction Management Student of the Year.
Here's a picture to show my constructioness. I had a better one on my phone, but I couldn't find any trace of it. This is me when I was working as an intern for Perini on the City Center project. If you don't know what it is...it was/is huge. The project had more than 10 separate projects in it. It was the largest and most expensive privately funded project in all of North America...9 billion dollars expensive. It was fun to go on site, but scary too because getting lost happened too often for me. Each time we went out we had to be wearing:
the hardhat - mine was cute because stickers of the Hawaiian turtle, and a dog on the side
the safety vest - the one i am wearing in this picture was mine...just a small cheap one. Other people had more expensive vests, and i would borrow them. They were thick and had tons of pockets....like more than a mom's purse.
Shirt - sounds strange to mention, but everyone did...and it had to have at least 3 inches of sleeves. It was nice being around modestly dressed people...but thats usually the standards that the workers all stopped at.
Pants - now although this made people modest, during the 115 degrees summers and being in a building that had no windows and no a/c wearing jeans while being out there did become really hot
Boots - my legs were amazing while i was working there. I would wear heavy construction boots, and take stairs and walk whenever we did inspections. those suckers are heavy.
I really do enjoy construction, at least most of it.
On a different note: Kyle is doing great. He has completed his first 2 days. The first week is just all orientation. Or as a friend says, he's turning oriental. I get to visit him this weekend...so next week's blog will probably be all about our future, his current, life up there.
that is super exciting! congrats!
ReplyDeleteI like how I'm being quoted in your blog!
ReplyDelete