I just realized that soon I'll have to change the name of our blog...to the Clearfield Hansens. I'm holdin' out though, until I move up there.
So this past week has been very busy, stressful for me. This semester it seems like each teacher felt it was upon them to make us suffer. Three of my 5 teachers accomplished this by assigning us into groups, and assigning a paper with a class presentation. Now, let me put my feelings on group projects just out there...I HATE GROUP PROJECTS!!! Now that you know where I'm coming from, having to do three was horrendous. One of the groups worked really well, which was great. The last two were okay. One group we were just slow getting together. The other one we did fairly well, there was just the token person turning in things late.
Between Friday and Tuesday night...I helped to finish 3 10 page papers and powerpoints. Then Monday night I had 1 presentation, and Tuesday night I had 2 back to back. I'm so glad they are over. So glad! Do you know what makes it better...I graduate in 1.5 weeks so I won't have to do them EVER again!!
So I could have vented a lot more about these group projects, but I will spare you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a completely different note, more spiritual actually. I just wanted to write down something that happened to me, so I would remember in the future the experience I had. Because sometimes amazing experiences happen, and either you don't notice them or they aren't written down. Then you just go through life thinking that great stuff doesn't happen to you. I do this all the time...so I wanted to change it.
This past Thursday night when I was driving home, I started crying feeling overwhelmed. It hadn't been that rough of a day, but it wasn't perfect at all. I had a lot of projects to finish. There were a few things this weekend that were going to take away my time. And I was feeling lonely. Even though I had seen Kyle just 4 days before, this was being rough for me that day.
So while I'm crying and thinking about all that, a thought jumped into my mind. "I can comfort you." I then prayed while driving (note: I didn't close my eyes...I don't trust other drivers or myself that much). I prayed for comfort and help. It seemed immediate that this was answered. I also had a thought of go to the temple. This was a strange one because I didn't plan on going, and did not want to go without Kyle. However, the next day was completely free (besides projects needing to be done). So, I followed it and went to the temple that Friday. Nothing miraculous happened. I was able to have the same great feeling as I always do while there. However, being there was something I needed.
What I have noticed that is amazing. I actually noticed it yesterday. Through the whole weekend I wasn't frantic or worried about finishing or going all out for these projects. Amazing 'cause many may know that I can be a worry wort, perfectionist, uptight person. During my presentations I felt like I was one of the best presenters...clear speaking, eye-contact, most interesting voice. I also have noticed that I haven't been missing Kyle. This to me is the miracle. Like...I miss him and all, but its not making me sad or depressed, or just really hating life (note: these feelings weren't all the time, just every now and then). Helping me through this situation is what I am most grateful for, and its such a reaffirming experience that if we have problems WE have to ask for help...but that He will ALWAYS be there.
I think group projects are the worst thing ever! If I ever end up teaching I will not have them. I consider my students undeserving of such torture.
ReplyDeleteUgh! I agree. Group projects are awful things. but...YOU GRADUATE IN JUST A FEW DAYS!!! You made it and survived this crazy semester away from the hubby! I hope you are SO proud of yourself!
ReplyDelete