April 21, 2010

The Great Weekend

It started out with just me and my companion...the iPod.
Then in St. George another one joined us, Sammy.  We then traveled over many hills, streams, and mountains.  A few stops here and there, one to say hi and goodbye to a brother in the city called Provo.  Dropped off one of my travelling companions in the great Salt Lake City...and no it wasn't the iPod.  Me and the iPod then continued on for another hour.  This trip was long, and tiring.  It stretched over 8 hours, passing by various cops.  They seemed to be everywhere, but we were not afraid.  Cruise control and going slower than others deters them from picking on us for this time.
Finally I see the exit.  Antelope.  Making some turns, and missing others, I finally found...my new home.

There was no one in sight...so I crept to the basement door (in the picture it is located under the white shed looking thing).  I jump right in and give Kyle a great big....Hug!  and Kiss!  

Sorry it is blurry...too much excitement!

Many hours passed so quickly.  Eating at a new Mexican restaurant, watching Top Gun, trying to go furniture shopping, going to the library for internet and visiting with my Aunt and Uncle.  The next afternoon is when the story continues.

After our many errand to run, for there was a plenty of them.  I finally looked at the boxed up messes of the house.  I waved my magic wand, and it was all done.  Only if that were true.  I rolled up my sleeves, put Kyle's slippers on and got to work.  

Now this wasn't bad, but somehow more needed to fit in here.  So this is the after.
It will get tidied up more once there is some time...and I am up there.
There are other rooms, but pictures are not necessary.  The description is...filled with boxes and items strewn about.
Sunday came unfortunately.  Off to church in my new ward.  Met only one new person...there will be time later to make other new friends.  After church we ate our final lunch before I would soon depart.
It was a sad day, but necessary.
The time apart makes us appreciate the other sooooooo much more.
And so the trip ended with my two companions and I travelling through St. George and then just the faithful iPod until Las Vegas.  

A beautiful sunset through a bug splattered windshield.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted! I've been wanting to know how you two are and I can see you two are doing great! So when do you graduate? Soon, right? And then off to the hubby- no more going back and forth! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Stacy I constantly stalk your blog to see what you and your kids are up to.
    I graduate in a week and a half! It's so exciting, but has been a very busy and stressful few ending weeks. I'll survive though.

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow